Top doctors attack government record on NHS

Leading doctors in the NHS have accused the coalition government of a catalogue of broken promises, funding cuts and destructive legislation which has left the health service weaker than ever before.

In a letter to the Guardian, more than 140 senior doctors pass a damning judgment on the government’s stewardship of the NHS, which they say is under pressure because of unnecessary market-oriented changes.

They particularly want the Lansley reforms reversed.

I disregard anything reported in the Guardian in the same way I do with The Daily "Hate" Mail. The story may be correct, but in essence they skew the facts to suite their political persuasion. Plus the Guardian has dubious tax arrangements (i.e. pays none) I don't agree with.

I disregard anything reported in the Guardian in the same way I do with The Daily "Hate" Mail. The story may be correct, but in essence they skew the facts to suite their political persuasion. Plus the Guardian has dubious tax arrangements (i.e. pays none) I don't agree with.

And yet you quote the Guardian when it suits your argument:

If this is arrogant: David Cameron has told the BBC he will not serve a third term as prime minister if the Conservatives remain in government after the general election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32022484

Then so was this: Tony Blair last night reshaped the landscape of British politics by announcing that he will fight the coming general election and, if re-elected, serve a full third term as prime minister...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2004/oct/01/uk.labourconference2

In the future after the 2020 election, which leader will have stayed true to his word on the above subject?

Were they happy with everything with previous government (I bet gps were)? Did they think the NHS didn't need some reform? I'm guessing not.

I heard someone on radio four saying that the NHS has fewer nurses under this Government, per head of population, but more nurses. I am sure this gets spun by the Tories and news media.

Leading doctors in the NHS have accused the coalition government of a catalogue of broken promises, funding cuts and destructive legislation which has left the health service weaker than ever before.

In a letter to the Guardian, more than 140 senior doctors pass a damning judgment on the government’s stewardship of the NHS, which they say is under pressure because of unnecessary market-oriented changes.

They particularly want the Lansley reforms reversed.

I wouldn't expect a member of the Labour party to write a letter praising the current government.

Edited by loraward

I wouldn't expect a member of the Labour party to write a letter praising the current government.

Are you a fan of the Lansley reforms? From a personal point of view, without any party political hat on.