Bees in vent - possible hive?

Hi

Over the last few hours we've seen several bees trying to get into the vent on the side of our kitchen(which leads into the roof space of our extension) I thought they were wasps but hubby says they are definitely bees.

Some of the holes look like they have been blocked with mud and some are blocked with mud but with round holes in. Haven't actually seen them go in the holes but they're definitely hovering around there.

As i say it's only a few but do you think there could be a hive in there or would there be evidence of more?

What should i do?

Thanks

Good luck with them, they refused to help last year as the bees with us were not honey. Sadly i had to have someone in to 'terminate' the bees as they were coming into the kitchen (i'm allergic to bees/wasps)

Edited by Groose

Every year when it starts to get warm I see the bees entering an air vent that leads to the crawl space under my bungalow - they are very determined about it - and though I worried for the first few years that they might get into the house, they seem to keep themselves to themselves so we live and let live.

Hi

Over the last few hours we've seen several bees trying to get into the vent on the side of our kitchen(which leads into the roof space of our extension) I thought they were wasps but hubby says they are definitely bees.

Some of the holes look like they have been blocked with mud and some are blocked with mud but with round holes in. Haven't actually seen them go in the holes but they're definitely hovering around there.

As i say it's only a few but do you think there could be a hive in there or would there be evidence of more?

What should i do?

Thanks

Probably bumblebees. They do no harm. Let them be. http://bumblebeeconservation.org