Goldthorpe - what a dump

They have already flattened the Cossack, & good riddance to it as well, I never liked it. There are other gay pubs around to enjoy.

So take your homophobia & shove it.

Is there anything you do like? Have you ever considered the appellation "Gay" to be ill considered in your case? You do seem miserable.

Is there anything you do like? Have you ever considered the appellation "Gay" to be ill considered in your case? You do seem miserable.

Gay is an apt description of my orientation, I'm not defined by it...Though I'm quite a jolly person.

Naturally my hackles are raised by those on an internet forum who refer to me as a 'pillow biter' (I would've included the comment on here, though the Mods must have removed it); and when I make an anti royalist sentiment a sarky comment comes back about The Cossack.

I've never had the need to in the past, but you're now on my 'ignore' list.

Gay is an apt description of my orientation, I'm not defined by it...Though I'm quite a jolly person.

Naturally my hackles are raised by those on an internet forum who refer to me as a 'pillow biter' (I would've included the comment on here, though the Mods must have removed it); and when I make an anti royalist sentiment a sarky comment comes back about The Cossack.

I've never had the need to in the past, but you're now on my 'ignore' list.

I will miss you (not).

Just to confirm I did not call you a pillow biter. Nor do I countenance such vile abuse. I happen to be straight, I work with and consider friends people who happen to be gay/lesbian it is about the 50th thing I consider most important about them.

I do thing you are a miserable bugger though.

Edited by Alan Ladd

• 2 weeks later...

So anyway, back on topic about Goldthorpe. I just came by this article.

"The demolition of 19 houses in "a spiral of decline" to help redevelop a former mining village has been approved by Barnsley Council.

The council cabinet approved the scheme, estimated to cost about a £1m, as part of wider plans to redevelop central Goldthorpe. The work on the street is expected to start in 2016".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-32412322

places like Goldthorpe and Thurnscoe are still feeling sorry for themselves and looking for sympathy after the pits were shut down. If they stoped living in the past and got off their backsides and retrained maybe life would be better in these places instead of being the land that time forgot.

They cannot go on blaming the pit closures , it was 30 years ago.

30 years ago?!!! Was it really? Most of those miners have probably retired by now and are only living on pensions. No wonder the place looks run down.

So anyway, back on topic about Goldthorpe. I just came by this article.

"The demolition of 19 houses in "a spiral of decline" to help redevelop a former mining village has been approved by Barnsley Council.

The council cabinet approved the scheme, estimated to cost about a £1m, as part of wider plans to redevelop central Goldthorpe. The work on the street is expected to start in 2016".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-32412322

Burning Maggie's effigy has put Goldthorpe on the map and really raised its international profile, leading to £millions on outside investment!

The good times are here again!

Now all we need is some ex-miners to come out of retirement, head back underground and start digging out the coal again . . . :huh: