Goldthorpe - what a dump

God what a load of utter tripe.

You think the residents of Goldthorpe are going to read SF, and it's going to negatively effect their children :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Get a grip.

If they read this thread, most likely they will conclude that us "Dee-Dars" are a bunch of eejits.

---------- Post added 10-04-2015 at 15:52 ----------

Goldthorpe couldn't be better placed for work.

The Station is walking distance for any resident, Trains are regular.

The line links the village to both Leeds and Sheffield with direct trains.

Rotherham is 15 minutes on the train as well.

Barnsley is close enough to get to by bus.

Doncaster is 20-30 minutes away by bus or train.

How people there claim there is 'no work' is just beyond me.

You've got two large cities in easy reach, and several decent sized towns.

People there have access to most of the jobs going in South Yorkshire, there's no reason for them to not be able to find work.

But would you live in Goldthorpe if you could afford not to?

If they read

Yes, quite :hihi::hihi:

No it's a toilet, but thats not my point.

It has really good access to lots of places, if you were a resident of Goldthorpe you have easy access to work in Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham etc etc.

So why do they all sit around on their asses and complain about Thatcher still??

Yes, quite :hihi::hihi:

No it's a toilet, but thats not my point.

It has really good access to lots of places, if you were a resident of Goldthorpe you have easy access to work in Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham etc etc.

So why do they all sit around on their asses and complain about Thatcher still??

Maybe it should be renamed as GOLDTHRONE...?

If they read this thread, most likely they will conclude that us "Dee-Dars" are a bunch of eejits.

---------- Post added 10-04-2015 at 15:52 ----------

people live in page hall. in goldthrope everyone is local born and inbred. in page hall we have people from other country who has no intention to work.

Why should labour bother to do anything - they'll vote labour anyway. But as I said earlier, they have done things.

Not enough has been done apparently - someone I know has just closed a shop there and relocated, said he should have made the move years ago.

It's hard to understand the logic of people some times - they celebrate the death of someone who did nothing for them and then vote in a party who.........does nothing for them.

Not enough has been done apparently - someone I know has just closed a shop there and relocated, said he should have made the move years ago.

It's hard to understand the logic of people some times - they celebrate the death of someone who did nothing for them and then vote in a party who.........does nothing for them.

Perhaps that's the logic conclusion of their situation, as they see it.