Noise from local pub

ubermaus why should the pub move ? it was there first and actually certain residents blast out drum and bass music at all hours at certain times, i have a friend who knows the area very well and this is a bigger problem then the "noise" from the long standing pubs. So its a case of glass houses and stones me thinks:loopy:

So the residents should move away from the pub because the pub was there first?

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 22:35 ----------

Why move into house next to a pub if you dont like noise ? Even a complete and utter thicko would know pubs make noise .

So pubs can make as much noise as they want? Dont be stupid.

So the residents should move away from the pub because the pub was there first?

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 22:35 ----------

So pubs can make as much noise as they want? Dont be stupid.

When Daniel Doncasters hammer shut down for the Works weeks in the 60's and 70's the residents of lower Walkley could not sleep until the night shift returned , some houses with gable ends near to the great steelworks not only had a life time of noise but the added vibration to go with it.

Green wellie brigade are at it again.;)

When Daniel Doncasters hammer shut down for the Works weeks in the 60's and 70's the residents of lower Walkley could not sleep until the night shift returned , some houses with gable ends near to the great steelworks not only had a life time of noise but the added vibration to go with it.

Its 2015.....

If I have the windows open at night I can hear the steelworks (Stocksbridge), and I quite like it, I find it strangely soothing.

Any sane person who moves to house near on to a pub and then starts complaining about the noise is crackers .

The same as those that move to the Country and then complain about cocks crowing , cows mooing , and the smell of pig ****te.

When I lived at Walkley the yuppie mob started moving in and the first thing that happened was that they called a meeting in the pub to complain about Doncasters hammer going all night .

Tooosers every one.

Yep, sums it up.

I used to love the sounds of the hammers at Danny Doncasters making their way up to walkley, a kinda homely sound, which I miss. Plus the sound of trains at Wadsley Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, sums it up.

I used to love the sounds of the hammers at Danny Doncasters making their way up to walkley, a kinda homely sound, which I miss. Plus the sound of trains at Wadsley Bridge.

We used to sup in the highway pub ( long Gone ) at pitsmoor and the hammers could not be heard but felt and yes it was better than drum and bass,garage or what ever the younger generation think is music.