Thorpe Hesley -- is it nice?

We moved here 5 years ago, best thing we ever did, you get the village feel with country side on your door step yet it's 2 mins to the M1 and 15 mins into sheffield city centre

Birch tree road is on the opposite side of thorpe hesley/wortley road on the estate which is mainly council owned properties,

Edited by dongle

Hi there, I lived there for about 15 years, its a very nice place, close enough to civilisation for everything you need but right on the door step of some beautiful country side plus a few good pubs and one of the best chinese takeaways going. :)

Hi there, I lived there for about 15 years, its a very nice place, close enough to civilisation for everything you need but right on the door step of some beautiful country side plus a few good pubs and one of the best chinese takeaways going. :)

Ta. What's the Chinese called?

---------- Post added 12-04-2015 at 15:54 ----------

We moved here 5 years ago, best thing we ever did, you get the village feel with country side on your door step yet it's 2 mins to the M1 and 15 mins into sheffield city centre

Birch tree road is on the opposite side of thorpe hesley/wortley road on the estate which is mainly council owned properties,

whats the council estate like?

thnx

My brother lived there for few years until about 1981. It is mostly nice, he lived on London Way. The bus service wasn't very good and I don't think it's got much better but I would happily live there so long as it wasn't on the main road but that's because I'm used to the quiet and I have two cats

Hi there its a couple of year since i lived there and i was a little further away at the bottom of the village. I never heard anything bad about the council estate, to be fair its only 2/3 streets and I think quite a few familys have bought theres which is always a good sign. Hope this helps

Best regards

Mark