Conservative plan to not charge inheritance tax on homes worth under1m

The only time you will benefit is if you significantly downsize. My comment was not confined to housing, it covers the whole of the economic disaster the labour party foisted upon us.

I made no mention of the two illegal wars that have cost the life of over a million and are still, actually, going on.

I repeat, i cannot understand how anyone could seriously vote for Labour, the party of economic incompetence and war criminals.

Titanic has banged on about this for years. He or she refused to listen to anyone counter point and just pops up with the same thing a few weeks later. Seriously, look through the last 5+ years of Titanic's posts. You will see the same thing said over and over parrot style.

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 14:09 ----------

And so endeth todays party political broadcast, on behalf of the conservative party ;)

"Fun Facts about the Labour Party" usually cause certain members of this forum to scuttle away :D

Edited by Berberis

"Fun Facts about the Labour Party" usually cause certain members of this forum to scuttle away :D

It's hardly 'fun' facts...Unless you consider accusing someone of being a war criminal 'fun'....When he's charged and convicted...then you can call him that...:D

As far as I can see when Labour were in power the price of property in this country shot up, meaning that those inheriting now will have considerably more to inherit than before they came to power.
As far as I can see when Labour were in power, property prices shot up hand-in-hand with such easy credit as sub-primes and self-certs allowed under NuLab's Light Touch™ regulation :twisted:

So perhaps those that are likely to gain from this change to the inheritance tax rules are grateful for the rise in property valuations when Labour were in power.
Under your logic, it makes sense for them to vote Tory now, then.

As far as I can see when Labour were in power the price of property in this country shot up, meaning that those inheriting now will have considerably more to inherit than before they came to power.

As did the price of petrol, beer and almost everything else including the national debt. Rampent inflation is never a good thing. If only we could still buy a pint of beer for 50p, a house for 10 grand and a gallon of petrol for a quid. I'm not sure that I would be thanking Blair for creating inflation but you clearly do.

Guest sibon
As did the price of petrol, beer and almost everything else including the national debt. Rampent inflation is never a good thing. If only we could still buy a pint of beer for 50p, a house for 10 grand and a gallon of petrol for a quid. I'm not sure that I would be thanking Blair for creating inflation but you clearly do.

Hmmm. Rampant inflation in the Blair years, you say.

Accuracy was never your strongest suit.

It's hardly 'fun' facts...Unless you consider accusing someone of being a war criminal 'fun'....When he's charged and convicted...then you can call him that...:D

The comments you are referring to didn't call anyone a war criminal, it just referenced the 2 illegal wars, which is correct.