Conservative plan to not charge inheritance tax on homes worth under1m

Does it matter? The point is that Blair lied, his lies lead to war, a war that has killed 100s of thousands, and is still killing them today.

There were no WMD in Iraq. He had no evidence that there were and lied. Lies likely to endear him to Bush so that when he retired he would remain Americas great buddy and clean up on the lecture circuit.

There were no WMD after the war, which doesn't mean their were no WMD before the war.

The reason these questions keep cropping up again and again in different threads is because they have never been satisfactorily dealt with. Shameful in what is supposed to be a democracy.

Meanwhile back on topic, I might be more inclined to agree with this legislation if Cameron hadn't brought in the bedroom tax, which has seen people losing their (modest) homes for want of a few quid. This seems to me to be pure vindictiveness in all but a handful of cases, and cost more than it saved.

It is surely wrong to use the inheritance tax as a bribe simply to get elected in times of 'austerity,' but then Cameron is just a rich Eton bullyboy, without honour or integrity who will do anything to save his own skin.

The reason these questions keep cropping up again and again in different threads is because they have never been satisfactorily dealt with. Shameful in what is supposed to be a democracy.

Meanwhile back on topic, I might be more inclined to agree with this legislation if Cameron hadn't brought in the bedroom tax, which has seen people losing their (modest) homes for want of a few quid. This seems to me to be pure vindictiveness in all but a handful of cases, and cost more than it saved.

It is surely wrong to use the inheritance tax as a bribe simply to get elected in times of 'austerity,' but then Cameron is just a rich Eton bullyboy, without honour or integrity who will do anything to save his own skin.

There you go again, why is it important what school he went to? Has he or has he not created the fastest growing economy in any developed nation? Has he created nearly 2 million jobs? Has he reduced the deficit left by LABOUR? Is inflation down to its lowest level since 1960?

What matters here competence or the Bullingdon club?

Its pathetic, what qualification do you want our PM to have? 2 GCE O levels from Park Academy?

There you go again, why is it important what school he went to? Has he or has he not created the fastest growing economy in any developed nation? Has he created nearly 2 million jobs? Has he reduced the deficit left by LABOUR? Is inflation down to its lowest level since 1960?

What matters here competence or the Bullingdon club?

Its pathetic, what qualification do you want our PM to have? 2 GCE O levels from Park Academy?

It is important that he is in touch /tune with the ordinary working man. Cameron is patently not. I don't think you realise just how different his life is from yours.

He makes no effort to appreciate ordinary life. Just sound bites and photo oportunities. He lives with gentry, went to school with gentry, mixes with gentry. It's all he knows. God forbid a working man should ever cross his path unless he's been heavily vetted and a camera is standing ready. He has never done a day's real work in his life. His sense of entitlement just oozes through in everything he says and does.

Even Prince Charles, another ex Eton boy, takes time to get to know and understand the problems of ordinary people and gives targeted support with his charities to help them get on.

Apart from this he is incompetent, the British answer to George W Bush. All he does is regurgitate speeches that are written for him. His only way of dealing with questions is a) the stock answer, b) belittle the opposition, c) answer a question he wasn't asked with another stock answer.

As for his 'achievements,' well there's spin and more spin. I don't believe a word of it. Unemployment only appears to have fallen because a third of the unemployed are on sanctions at any one time, that is not the same as 'having more people in work,' though he tries to spin it thus. 0 hours, short term contracts, falling wages, workers hard won rights trampled over, desperate self employed trying to scrape a living... I could go on. Economic recovery depends which figures you look at. Production is down, exports are down, wages are down, cost of living up, balance of payments up, interest at zero %, the debt has doubled, and so on. The man is useless.

And I am no lover of Ed Milliband either.

It is important that he is in touch /tune with the ordinary working man. Cameron is patently not. I don't think you realise just how different his life is from yours.

Im sick to death of hearing this phrase. I could not give a fig about having an "ordinary" "man/woman of the people"

Will they be a good politician? Does what they stand for represent my views? Do I have trust that they will represent me?

That's what is important and that is what people should be seeking. All this crap about backgrounds, class, education is such piffle.

What the hell is an "ordinary working" person.

Mavis on the till at Tesco? Jeff the Roadworker? Quentin the Barrister? Charles the Surgeon?

They all work. Some MAY have been brought up in a privileged background. Some MAY have been raised in a council house who can say which is which. Not all doctors/barristers/bankers come from rich backgrounds. Not all lower wage workers come from modest homes. Why does any of that go to making them a great politician.

What about one of the rich spoilt wasters from something like Made in Chelsea - unlike the venom Cameron and Co receive they are instead adored by the population and worshiped by moronic masses - how about their ability to make a great politician?

Katie Hopkins perhaps - after all she clearly speaks her mind and would not hide behind soundbites and scripts. Maybe she is just what is needed eh?

Its all bull crap.

POLICY is what people should be caring about. Pity too many morons don't.

You rudely say that Cameron has never done a real day's work in his life. Like what? His gaining his degrees from Oxford, his work in the Research and Policy Departments, his senior management position at Carlton Communications, his work as an MP and subsequent work as leader of the party. You might like it but they are jobs. Its employment.

I hate people who limit the definition of "work" as something that seemingly only counts if its manual, dirty, medical or service industries. SOME jobs are academic. SOME jobs are operational. SOME jobs are paperwork and research. SOME jobs are leadings others. Does not make them any more or less important. Work is work.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Im sick to death of hearing this phrase. I could not give a fig about having an "ordinary" "man/woman of the people"

Will they be a good politician? Does what they stand for represent my views? Do I have trust that they will represent me?

That's what is important and that is what people should be seeking. All this crap about backgrounds, class, education is such piffle.

What the hell is an "ordinary working" person.

Mavis on the till at Tesco? Would she make a great politician. How about John the private school educated lawyer/doctor but was council house raised - enough real life experience for him not be criticised.

What about one of the talentless wonders from TOWIE or Made in Chelsea - they are adored by the population and worshiped by masses - how about their ability to make a great politician?

Katie Hopkins perhaps - after all she clearly speaks her mind and would not hide behind soundbites and scripts. Maybe she is just what is needed eh?

Its all bull crap.

POLICY is what people should be caring about. Pity too many morons don't.

What policy? They can promise anything they like in their manifestoes, until it is made legally binding, they don't have to keep any of it.

I've listened to all the parties and watched endless TV and radio debates, and learned almost nothing about what they intend to do. Not a new idea between them. I've not heard a single question honestly and realistically answered, nor a single policy properly explained. Just endless rehearsed answers and soundbites. I wouldn't trust any of them. What they don't say frightens the **** out of me.

This country is in a mess, the country is on the slide, (in spite of what Cameron says,) and they clearly don't know what to do about it.

Any of them...

What policy?

This country is in a mess, the country is on the slide, (in spite of what Cameron says,) and they clearly don't know what to do about it.

Any of them...

I could not disagree more.

The country is not in financial Armageddon. People are still living their lives, people are still in their jobs, there are not millions of starving citizens dying from poverty, shops are still busy, infrastructure is still all intact, the trains are running, cars are still being driven, the lights are still on....

YES there have been some cut backs. YES there has been some people hurt by said cuts but these are still very much in the minority.

There are countries in the world that would settle for a 1% of the lifestyles we have. The hungry are fed. The sick are treated. All children are educated. All citizens have basic human rights.

Those that slip through the system are still picked up and supported by others. Those who refuse help, do not have capacity to accept help or simply disappear would be in the same predicament no matter who was at number 10.

NO we are on the slide and NO the country is certainly not in "a mess"

A few hysterics treat cut backs and some closures as if the whole society is coming to an end. They need to open their eyes to what real poverty is. They need to learn about what real destruction of society looks like.

When it debt there is one way to fix it. Stop spending.

Edited by ECCOnoob

What policy? They can promise anything they like in their manifestoes, until it is made legally binding, they don't have to keep any of it.

I've listened to all the parties and watched endless TV and radio debates, and learned almost nothing about what they intend to do. Not a new idea between them. I've not heard a single question honestly and realistically answered, nor a single policy properly explained. Just endless rehearsed answers and soundbites. I wouldn't trust any of them. What they don't say frightens the **** out of me.

Any of them...

The UKIP manifesto published today seemed to spell their intentions out quite clearly. What did you think of it ?