Bit of a dilemma..Any advice?

PeteMorris

Me neither, its neglect, and what happens in the winter, and the dog is outside in the bitter cold.

The more impending problem is when we get a hot spell.....The garden is South facing, so gets sunlight pretty much most of the day....It's gonna get stifling in there....

I don't actually think that the dog has been rescued from a worse environment, although I can't say for certain...But the guy doesn't seem to me to be 'Mr Whiter than White'...on past form.

Someone earlier said perhaps the dog might actually be liberated (although nobody would condone such an action)...But I'm not sure where it might be liberated to....I certainly couldn't have him, and I know of nobody who would...

It's a real shame that the RSPCA can't actually do anything...Only offer advice...It's a crazy situation, and I assure you I'm not simply mischief making....the situation genuinely concerns me.

Pete, the RSPCA can monitor the situation, and at least you are bringing the situation to their attention. Animals don't have to be badly treated anymore to be removed from a situation, if their basic needs are not being met. These basic needs include exercise and a good diet - it sounds as if your neighbour is not meeting his dogs basic needs in either regard, to my thinking.

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 13:10 ----------

The more impending problem is when we get a hot spell.....The garden is South facing, so gets sunlight pretty much most of the day....It's gonna get stifling in there....

I phoned about a rabbit once, he was outside in an indoor cage - the RSPCA went round, had a word with the owners. It wasn't deliberate neglect, just an inability on the owners part to realise the cage would not stand up to a fox attack.

The RSPCA phoned me back to let me know how the situation had been resolved.

Pete, the RSPCA can monitor the situation, and at least you are bringing the situation to their attention. Animals don't have to be badly treated anymore to be removed from a situation, if their basic needs are not being met. These basic needs include exercise and a good diet - it sounds as if your neighbour is not meeting his dogs basic needs in either regard, to my thinking.

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 13:10 ----------

I phoned about a rabbit once, he was outside in an indoor cage - the RSPCA went round, had a word with the owners. It wasn't deliberate neglect, just an inability on the owners part to realise the cage would not stand up to a fox attack.

The RSPCA phoned me back to let me know how the situation had been resolved.

Of course the main problem is him finding out who reported him....And it's not going to take a rocket scientist to work out....

Yes I know the RSPCA are confidential about where the report came from...But the shed is in such a position, that it cannot be seen from just a casual passer-by....So that makes it worse...

Report it to landlord who can then visit him on some other pretext and no-one will be any wiser and the dog will get a better home

I don't have the foggiest clue who his landlord is....I know who mine is, but that doesn't help...lol

His name might be on the deeds, you could get them from the land registry.

With abit of Googling you might be able to find the old rental advert for the house or something.

You could ring the landlord of the letting agent and tell them the dog is tearing the place up and such (they'd be more interested if it sounded like the dog was damaging the property)

No disrespect to anyone - but lying about the damage a dog is doing is disgraceful. You don't know if the neighbour has any pet restrictions and no proof either way.

The down side to reporting dogs that aren't being humanised and living like an extension of a human family is death.

They go for rehoming in kennels which may be no better than where they are now and then often killed. Anyone who thinks that these dogs get instant "better" homes are being deceived, in 90% of cases they're sat in kennels for months and years.

As for cruelty we're forced daily to watch dogs being treated cruelly - wearing stupid clothes and outfits,sleeping on doggy chaises. Its an animal not a child. And don't get me started on parlour tricks.....

Edited by willman

No disrespect to anyone - but lying about the damage a dog is doing is disgraceful. You don't know if the neighbour has any pet restrictions and no proof either way.

The down side to reporting dogs that aren't being humanised and living like an extension of a human family is death.

They go for rehoming in kennels which may be no better than where they are now and then often killed. Anyone who thinks that these dogs get instant "better" homes are being deceived, in 90% of cases they're sat in kennels for months and years.

As for cruelty we're forced daily to watch dogs being treated cruelly - wearing stupid clothes and outfits,sleeping on doggy chaises. Its an animal not a child. And don't get me started on parlour tricks.....

You clearly have no idea how rescue kennels work!