Do you shop in Aldi and Lidl's?

I've never considered Waitrose as a 'value' supermarket. I get a few bits and pieces from Waitrose as I could never afford to do my weekly shop there.

I go to Morrisons or Sainsburys.

I don't like Aldi & there isn't a Lidl near me.

I like lidl for fresh bread, fruit and meat, they are much cheaper than Tesco or the Co operative.

Their bakery bread is really nice, and good value. If I remember correctly pain au chocolats are 35p each, whereas they are 80p at Tescos.

The only downside is they don't have much of a selection if you are looking for something unusual.

Lidl's coffee capsules are good value and their jam is very tasty.

Their bacon grill is great value for a fishing bait but horribly salty for human consumption!

Aldi's wine is good value too.

Edited by davyboy

Lidl's coffee capsules are good value and their jam is very tasty.

Their bacon grill is great value for a fishing bait but horribly salty for human consumption!

Aldi's wine is good value too.

Lidl used to do a steak pie I liked, not bought anything from Lidl for ages though

Not a big fan of Aldi, I never really get on with what they sell and the things I am interested actually turn out to be similar price anyway. But the new Netto at Kilner Way is decent enough for non-fresh food and the wine is VERY good for the price + they do some interesting scandinavian food that resembles Dutch food quite closely.

Lidl... not a fan either, I find that some stores are better than others but even then I am yet to be convinced that they deserve my custom for anything other than curiosity. Went into one in Tain (near where we were last week, North of Inverness) and that was a decent enough looking shop, lovely staff and all that, but despite WANTING to, I couldn't find anything that was a better price than the nearby ASDA, in fact, as we couldn't find anything we really fancied, we went to the ASDA and found that the bread, meat and wine we were after were considerably better priced there.