Do you shop in Aldi and Lidl's?

Nope. Aldi wine is cheap, and cheap for a reason. It is generally poor.

The best value supermarket wine is Asda. They must have some really talented buyers.

You are right!

Why I typed aldi I don't know, I did mean Asda, must of had a senior moment.

As you say Asda wine is good value.

We shop at Aldi, manage to get everything we need and good value too. Tried Netto in February and wasn't impressed at all, hardly had any yoghurts to choose from, they didn't have some things we wanted. Lidl is ok, haven't been for a while though.

I have just started Lidl shopping. Everything we ve tried had no complaints. Hovis sliced bread 75p. Cheap brown sliced 40p ( use d for horse) even better when its knocked down to 29p ! Bolognaise sauce, yum. Chilli sauce Yum. Choice of bread, brilliant. Biscuits, equivalent to digestives 34p. Fresh veg and salad stuff - fantastic, carrots 2llb bag 40p. Broccoli brill. Their toothpaste and mouthwash, brill. Washing powder and conditioner, great stuff, 5.99 for a 65 wash, never go back to morrisons and tescos. Staff are all pleasant at Halifax road. I can t believe that i now say that I love the place. I started just trying 1 of things there to try them out, but now i m hooked.!

Just bought some half price kangaroo steaks, frozen beef rib 1kg, and ostrich steaks,

They are having a clear out. I've always wanted to try various meats but only do so when they are half price.

Careful cooking roo, it's incredibly lean meat so it's easy to ruin.

Overcooked it will be dry and horrible.

Cooked properly it's bloody lovely.

If memory serves me well Aldi sell Bavaria, which is an excellent cheap-range Dutch lager, Lidl stock German Perlenbacher which is pretty darned good for the price as well. Not tried any of the Netto lagers yet, but if they have some Danish stuff around I will certainly give that a go, very underrated lager producing country (though I hate Carlsberg).

When I was drinking lager, tuborg was one of my faves. Good to see more stuff like that on taps in the UK now.