Gloss kitchen work top

fair enough, you applied respect, good manners

ah well, your manners now let you down. took only a couple of sentences.

Hang thi head in shame and learn how to communicate

Back to my post - you may be correct. But my course was what was then the intermediate food hygiene cert, so when someone in the know with the apt qualifications teaches, I tend to listen, take note and act accordingly.

Oooh dear! ... someone's got out of bed the wrong way.

aliceBB's quite correct to my way of thinking. If any surface is kept clean there's no danger. A scratched wooden surface (knife use) is easier to keep clean than that of a plastic/composite one. Don't just take my word for it ... go and Google. End of. :)

We have had the same wooden chopping board for over 20 years and never become ill because of it .Washed properly in hot soapy water it's fine . More people become ill because of a lack of hand washing than anything else . :)

Oooh dear! ... someone's got out of bed the wrong way.

aliceBB's quite correct to my way of thinking. If any surface is kept clean there's no danger. A scratched wooden surface (knife use) is easier to keep clean than that of a plastic/composite one. Don't just take my word for it ... go and Google. End of. :)

Lesson learnt ... don't offer a different opinion... or if you do it would seem bad manners are encouraged.

Got outta bed the right side this morning and concluding that this forum is becoming pants unless youre prepared to agree with everything and worship the god called google

Lesson learnt ... don't offer a different opinion... or if you do it would seem bad manners are encouraged.

Got outta bed the right side this morning and concluding that this forum is becoming pants unless youre prepared to agree with everything and worship the god called google

No need to sulk! :)

And, again with the greatest of respect, telling someone to get over themselves is hardly the depths of rudeness or bad manners. It's just a mild reproof when someone has demonstrated an irritating kind of unnecessary preciousness about something.

And if you don't want to google things, fine. Other search engines are available! Or you could go to the library and order a book on it. Or ask your GP. Onward in the democratisation of knowledge!

Or you could just opt to believe everything the Daily Mail tells you. (That comment instantly retracted if you denounce the DM).

What are people opinions on gloss or Matt kitchen work tops I have always had Matt but fancy a gloss one but not sure what they are like with scratches or marking

Don't have the gloss finish work tops. I had them in a previous kitchen because I thought they looked nice. They scratched and marked easily and also when I cleaned them with the wet cloth I had to dry them too otherwise they dried with blotchy marks.

Don't have the gloss finish work tops. I had them in a previous kitchen because I thought they looked nice. They scratched and marked easily and also when I cleaned them with the wet cloth I had to dry them too otherwise they dried with blotchy marks.

They sound like a very bad idea, then. Life is definitely too short to dry worktops every time you wipe them.

Sop, neither useful, nor beautiful. Shun them, people!