Surely this isn't right?

I have returned some items and have been waiting for a refund for the last month. They have come back to me and said they are deducting a 10% fee for the time the staff have spent on this issue and to cover delievery costs. I paid all delivery costs to recieve and return the item!

Surely this isn't right? They cant deduct for time spend sorting the issue?

Anyone know who I can talk to about this?

Thanks in advance

It depends on the reason you have returned them. If they were faulty, not as described etc., then no, they should not make a deduction. However, if they were returned because you did not like them or no longer required them etc., then they can probably do this.

I have returned some items and have been waiting for a refund for the last month. They have come back to me and said they are deducting a 10% fee for the time the staff have spent on this issue and to cover delievery costs. I paid all delivery costs to recieve and return the item!

Surely this isn't right? They cant deduct for time spend sorting the issue?

Anyone know who I can talk to about this?

Thanks in advance

Depends what you ordered I suppose...some car parts places will charge a fee if they've had to order the stuff specifically for you and you return them (other than them being faulty of course)..you need to read the Ts and Cs of the order..

Depends what you ordered I suppose...some car parts places will charge a fee if they've had to order the stuff specifically for you..you need to read the Ts and Cs of the order..

Originally, item was returned because I had 2 of the same. They were happy to exchange for other items. The exchange items they sent were not the items that I had asked for. They said to send them all back and would issue me a refund. Now they are trying to deducted 10% for delivery (which I paid) and staff costs which I think is ridiculous

Did you order the item via Amazon? Or was it placed by a business?

Did the invoice of sale state there would be a restocking fee charged if you returned the item? If this is the case and you purchased from a business, you are liable for the charge. If you bought the item as a private individual the Distance Selling act prevents the seller from charging you a fee even if they stated it in their sales invoice/product listing. Your statutory rights are never overwritten by a contract of sale.

Edited by Berberis

Coming from a person in retail the fact is that if they stated the terms and you have kept to them, you're entitled to a full refund including delivery.

Doesn't matter if they have contracted professor Stephen Hawking to work out the intricacies of your order, if you stuck to the contract then they must oblige you.