Ebay items for 0.05p (with free postage)??

My partner has ordered many of these all craft things, they come from china in tiny envelopes all great condition and legit, god knows how they make big money tho they have got to come from the big factory s that supply the chains

Some of the sellers are actually based in the UK. And as mentioned earlier, I just can't see how they're making a profit on such low margins.

In fact, even if they sell over a 100,000, they've probably made about a fiver profit.

I thought Chinese sellers get free postage which is subsidised by there government. This could be total tosh but that's what I heard. Something to do with helping exports. As I say it could be total rubbish. I bought one of those finger wetters (little sponge in a plastic pot) for 23p from China. It came with loads of Chinese stamps on it. The postage was free for me. I also got a pricing gun for my shop for £12 with free postage. It was £60 on a UK website and UK Amazon and eBay sellers!

They're making a loss just in ebay fees & the paypal fees mean they'll never see a single penny. I ordered a load of 1p free postage items when I was getting 5p quidco cashback on each one. I think they do it to improve their rating before scamming some people on big items. They get +1 no matter what the final value of the item was.

It is very cheap to post from China or Hong Kong, cheaper to post something from there than just across the city here.

Edited by anywebsite

I sometimes think that with stuff like... a 10 set of screwdrivers in Poundland. With the factory costs and rent and employees and materials and shipping and taxes and a myriad of other expenses, where do they pull their profit from. Crazy. It's why I love capitalism.