Another Tory Blunder

It never ceases to amaze me that the Left always accuse the Conservatives of being the "nasty party" when the record shows they are the ones that resort to abuse and smears almost instinctively.... and with depressing regularity.

You and me both. This forum is filled with abusive and nasty jibs at the Torys. I have de-friended people on FB because of their down right nasty posts calling the Torys and usual Cameron all sorts of names. Names that if a child had said it you would tell them off for being horrible.

I think it makes them feel big and important. Its a shame that the rest of us can see how this is not the case.

Has nobody pointed out to the oleaginous Call Me Dave that his pledge to keep minimum wage earners out of paying income tax is utterly meaningless...since they are already.

His 'pledge' only extends to the first 30 hours per week...so if you earn the min. wage at £6.85 per hour, for 30 hours, that makes just over £10,600...which is exactly what the current tax threshold is anyway.

Duh.

I agree, he keeps saying the same old things but keeps trying different ways in which to say them as if to expect a different result. Crazy

I agree, he keeps saying the same old things but keeps trying different ways in which to say them as if to expect a different result. Crazy

ALL politicians do this. Its not a exclusive trait of the CONS. Brown was particularly good at announcing new funding that was in-fact funding they had announced months prior.

It never ceases to amaze me that the Left always accuse the Conservatives of being the "nasty party" when the record shows they are the ones that resort to abuse and smears almost instinctively.... and with depressing regularity.

:hihi: Utter tosh. One only has to look at Call-me-Dave's form over the past few days, to see the reverse is in fact true.

Ironically, Call-me-Dave has done more damage to the Tory election campaign, than good, and even Nigel Farage has been shown to be a 'gentler' politician in battle than him!

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-14/conservative-attacks-on-miliband-prove-they-are-nasty-party/

The thing is, people fell for Call-me-Dave's spin before the last election

- the Big Society - where his figurehead got bored of the project and resigned within a few weeks - :hihi:

- the 'no one will be worse off in work' statement, where people were led to believe that workers on the breadline would be better off, when in fact what he meant was that he was going to hammer those on benefits and make them even poorer, and have to rely on foodbanks

- the NHS hollow pledges, where now we have GPs leaving the profession in droves, and the longest waiting lists for NHS treatment for years.

Thankfully, the majority of people in this country, despite Thatcher and Call-me-Dave's best attempts, DO actually care about the most vulnerable in our society. WE ARE THE CARING SOCIETY, not Call-me-Dave's BIG SOCIETY where BIG business profits and tramples over the rest of us, so people will do the right thing for our country in a few weeks time.

Edited by Mr Bloom

Even if he does this, it would be far better for the entire country to simply raise the minimum wage and tax is at whatever rate is prevalent at the time. Setting minimum wage so low and needing it to be topped up by benefits even for people who work full time costs the country money and subsidising businesses. Raise the minimum wage to the living wage, tax as appropriate and stop allowing these companies to make big profits that has been paid for by our taxes.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 10:25 ----------

You and me both. This forum is filled with abusive and nasty jibs at the Torys. I have de-friended people on FB because of their down right nasty posts calling the Torys and usual Cameron all sorts of names. Names that if a child had said it you would tell them off for being horrible.

I think it makes them feel big and important. Its a shame that the rest of us can see how this is not the case.

No need to resort to name calling as it's a bit pathetic, but the Tories ARE the nasty party...they are the party of 'I'm alright Jack', which to me signifies someone who is a nasty person and who I wouldn't want to associate with. I try to hang out with people who give a toss about others and are prepared to suffer a little amount of hardship to help people less fortunate than them out. I don't think this describes the vast amount of Tory policies.

No need to resort to name calling as it's a bit pathetic, but the Tories ARE the nasty party...they are the party of 'I'm alright Jack', which to me signifies someone who is a nasty person and who I wouldn't want to associate with. I try to hang out with people who give a toss about others and are prepared to suffer a little amount of hardship to help people less fortunate than them out. I don't think this describes the vast amount of Tory policies.

What name did I resort to calling?

:hihi: Utter tosh.

I was referring to the rank and file of their supporters rather than the somewhat distatesful antics from the main party leaders.

Look about on this forum. See how much vitriol is poured out from the left leaning posters and see how much comes from the right. For certain the left heap more.

Let's have a look at them...

Tory bully boys

Jackbooted Tory thug

Torythug

Eton asswipe

fascist b*****d

BullingdonB*****d

Thicko tory heavymob

Usual tory thickwits

right wing fascist k**b

And various things they wish I'd do...

FOAD you tory pr**k

I ever find you you tory t**t I'm going to f****** kill you with a meat cleaver

I hope you get herpes (?!?)

I hope you die you tory c**t

I've probably missed a few in there. Apologies for all the asterisks they use. I'm not saying who they are from you may think you can probably guess but the real answers would perhaps surprise you - and of course it's only a small minority that do resort to such tactis.

You think it's reasonable that posters on here use language like that? Just to someone who dares to have a different political opinion to them?

I've not seen anyone heap that sort of oppobrium on the left. As I say it's very ironic that the left choose to continually trot out the nasty party line...

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 10:58 ----------

they are the party of 'I'm alright Jack',

I think you might want to quantify that a little because it's certainly not the case. That to me is more of the stance of UKIP