Another Tory Blunder

I know, that's why I said this is what its being touted as. I suspect Clegg was always going to be an after thought and so once Cameron said no, they branded the debate as the "opposition leaders debate" and disregarded Clegg.

Either that, or they presumed, when Call-me-Dave said that the Conservatives wouldn't be taking part, that included Clegg.

Ron, can you tell me why employers from a number of companies are bemoaning the lack of suitably trained people to fill vacancies? Everything from bricklayers to computer programers are in short supply it seems.

What's happened to quality training in this country?

I'd also like to know why we have a shortage of doctors and nurses that has to be plugged by immigrants (who are needed in their own country,) without whom, we are always being told 'the NHS could not function.'

It was replaced with mass immigration, why spend money training someone when you can just encourage the trained of other countries to move here.

---------- Post added 17-04-2015 at 06:59 ----------

Not sure about bricklayers but it takes a lot longer than five years to make good doctors, nurses and programmers. Thats assuming that the Tories got their skills development programme in full flow the day the took office.

So in having a dig at the Tories you have actually criticised the 13 years of Labour governance.

That argument as been on going for the past 20 years and they are still not even trying to train the number we want.

---------- Post added 17-04-2015 at 07:01 ----------

Ah, but many of those people who didn't become doctors and nurses and programmers in the Labour years got their primary schooling in the Tory years.

So maybe John Major is to blame. If he'd been able to resist Edwina Currie's womanly wiles, none of this might have happened.

It had nothing to do with their primary school education and everything to do with a lack of training places.

I was referring to the rank and file of their supporters rather than the somewhat distatesful antics from the main party leaders.

Look about on this forum. See how much vitriol is poured out from the left leaning posters and see how much comes from the right. For certain the left heap more.

Let's have a look at them...

Tory bully boys

Jackbooted Tory thug

Torythug

Eton asswipe

fascist b*****d

BullingdonB*****d

Thicko tory heavymob

Usual tory thickwits

right wing fascist k**b

And various things they wish I'd do...

FOAD you tory pr**k

I ever find you you tory t**t I'm going to f****** kill you with a meat cleaver

I hope you get herpes (?!?)

I hope you die you tory c**t

I've probably missed a few in there. Apologies for all the asterisks they use. I'm not saying who they are from you may think you can probably guess but the real answers would perhaps surprise you - and of course it's only a small minority that do resort to such tactis.

You think it's reasonable that posters on here use language like that? Just to someone who dares to have a different political opinion to them?

I've not seen anyone heap that sort of oppobrium on the left. As I say it's very ironic that the left choose to continually trot out the nasty party line...

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 10:58 ----------

I think you might want to quantify that a little because it's certainly not the case. That to me is more of the stance of UKIP

In my observations, and I have no allegiance to either party, the Tories on here are much quicker and prolific users of verbal abuse to Labour or non-Tory supporters, than the other way round.

Whoa, horsies!

We seem to have strayed a long way from the subject of this thread (Cameron's meaningless promise to 'take minimum wage earners out of income tax').

Does anyone actually have any documented evidence that Tories intend minimum wage earners will be exempt from paying income tax for the next five years, regardless of what happens to the wage itself or the tax threshold, or not?

If not, then I think we can conclude that Cameron was talking out of an orifice which was not his mouth.

In my observations, and I have no allegiance to either party, the Tories on here are much quicker and prolific users of verbal abuse to Labour or non-Tory supporters, than the other way round.

I would endorse that; Obelix demeans himself by reproducing comments which should have been reported and deleted...flinging them around for effect is the act of a desperate man!

Edited by aliceBB

Whoa, horsies!

We seem to have strayed a long way from the subject of this thread (Cameron's meaningless promise to 'take minimum wage earners out of income tax').

Does anyone actually have any documented evidence that Tories intend minimum wage earners will be exempt from paying income tax for the next five years, regardless of what happens to the wage itself or the tax threshold, or not?

You mean apart from the promise that he made? IF he'd written it down would that be more acceptable? or does it need to be writ in blood or cast on a tablet of stone first?

If not, then I think we can conclude that Cameron was talking out of an orifice which was not his mouth.

Obligatory left wing dig I see.... :hihi:

I would endorse that; Obelix demeans himself by reproducing comments which should have been reported and deleted...flinging them around for effect is the act of a desperate man!

The only people being demeaned are those that wrote them, and I carefully ensured that it wasn't possible to identify them to save their blushes.

I notice that people are very quick to turn that around and throw it back at me and no-ones willing to answer the question.

Do you think it's reasonable for people to use such comments Alice?

---------- Post added 17-04-2015 at 10:02 ----------

I think you are wrong.

However do you think such comments like those are acceptable?

The biggest percentage of posters who use asterisks are the forum left clique, sorry but I believe Obelix has made a fair observation, generally any right wing posters using asterisks are promptly reported ..... that's how the left work and why many working class people, if they bother, will vote UKIP this May !

Guest sibon
The biggest percentage of posters who use asterisks are the forum left clique, sorry but I believe Obelix has made a fair observation, generally any right wing posters using asterisks are promptly reported ..... that's how the left work and why many working class people, if they bother, will vote UKIP this May !

So, if I have this right. UKIP are relying on asterixes to hold their vote together.

Has anyone told Obelix?

:D

Guest sibon
Nope UKIP are getting votes from people who are sick of namby pamby hypocritical leftist politics :thumbsup:

UKIP look as though they are currently going to get the votes of about 6% of the electorate. That's not a lot of discontent really.