This is Britain- Lord Janner won't face court

Money doesn't grow on trees and money spent on an inquiry is money not spent on something more important, but at least the wealthy people conducting the inquiry will get a little wealthier.

Come now - you are one of the wealthy (so you say) - would you be a turn-coat as well?

Of course - you wouldn't want to defend the filthy old b****rd from sexual offenses against children - would you?

Trident serves a purpose, an inquiry just wastes money that could be spent on the poor, but I'm not poor so it doesn't really matter to me either way. If you and your sort would rather spend money on inquires instead of the poor then go for it.

There is only so much to go around so don't complain when someone as to go without just so you could have your inquiry.

oh, we'll get the enquiry, don't worry.

As you implied, the government would sooner spend millions on lawyers fees than on feeding the poor.

Come now - you are one of the wealthy (so you say) - would you be a turn-coat as well?

Of course - you wouldn't want to defend the filthy old b****rd from sexual offenses against children - would you?

In which post did I say I was wealthy?

And in which post did I defend sexual offenses against children?

I think you must have been dreaming.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 21:48 ----------

oh, we'll get the enquiry, don't worry.

As you implied, the government would sooner spend millions on lawyers fees than on feeding the poor.

The government just succumb to public pressure, so when the public want to spend millions on lawyers fees instead on feeding the poor, the government will oblige.

Money doesn't grow on trees and money spent on an inquiry is money not spent on something more important, but at least the wealthy people conducting the inquiry will get a little wealthier.

Some may argue that an investigation into the establishment cover up of organised child rape is quite important. We currently have a situation where warranted officers are now risking prosecution by telling the media that they were instructed to drop cases; the vote to allow such whistleblowers protection from prosecution under the OSA was whipped and the Conservatives voted against it; Janner's condition (and Brittan's death) do not stand up to scrutiny; Frank Beck's death was incredibly suspicious and convenient; Thatcher knew about Cyril Smith yet still approved his knighthood; the silence of certain, serving politicians is incredibly inconsistent with their normal behaviour... not to mention Elm Guest House and its much publicised guest list.

I would argue that anyone who thinks that a closer look at this isn't worth spending public money on could well be intellectually and morally barren.

Some may argue that an investigation into the establishment cover up of organised child rape is quite important. We currently have a situation where warranted officers are now risking prosecution by telling the media that they were instructed to drop cases; the vote to allow such whistleblowers protection from prosecution under the OSA was whipped and the Conservatives voted against it; Janner's condition (and Brittan's death) do not stand up to scrutiny; Frank Beck's death was incredibly suspicious and convenient; Thatcher knew about Cyril Smith yet still approved his knighthood; the silence of certain, serving politicians is incredibly inconsistent with their normal behaviour... not to mention Elm Guest House and its much publicised guest list.

I would argue that anyone who thinks that a closer look at this isn't worth spending public money on could well be intellectually and morally barren.

And I would argue that someone wishing to spend millions of pounds on inquires instead of spending it on more doctors, nurses, police, is intellectually and morally barren.

And I would argue that someone wishing to spend millions of pounds on inquires instead of spending it on more doctors, nurses, police, is intellectually and morally barren.

Cute. Unimaginative, but cute.

Perhaps if we were to collectively identify and address what is going on with these apparently untouchable VIP child rapists, the police that we spend future money on would be unencumbered by organised cover ups and be able to better carry out their duties.

Cute. Unimaginative, but cute.

Perhaps if we were to collectively identify and address what is going on with these apparently untouchable VIP child rapists, the police that we spend future money on would be unencumbered by organised cover ups and be able to better carry out their duties.

I very much doubt it, all that will be achieve is valuable resources will be diverted from public services to pay of it.

In which post did I say I was wealthy?

And in which post did I defend sexual offenses against children?

I think you must have been dreaming.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 21:48 ----------

You say in a post that you are 'not poor' and not being poor in these days is tantamount to being wealthy imo.

You are defending the criminal by saying that there are justifiable reasons for not prosecuting him.

Your suggestion that the money saved could be used to help the poor is not only ludicrous but indicative of your desire to distance yourself from the aforesaid 'poor' and thereby suggesting that you are more than simply 'not poor'.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 22:25 ----------

The inquiry is with regard to The Sexual Abuse of Children is that quite clear?

You say there are 'more important things to spend money on - really?

Morally barren - there's a phrase you apparently don't know the meaning of.

Edited by Slikkwiver
Oooo my sh*te grammar

You say in a post that you are 'not poor' and not being poor in these days is tantamount to being wealthy imo.

You are defending the criminal by saying that there are justifiable reasons for not prosecuting him.

Your suggestion that the money saved could be used to help the poor is not only ludicrous but indicative of your desire to distance yourself from the aforesaid 'poor' and thereby suggesting that you are more than simply 'not poor'.

Your definition of wealthy clearly differs from mine.

I'm not defending anyone, and the law of this country says there are justifiable reasons for not prosecuting him.

You still believe that money grows on trees, the government has a finite amount to spend and they have to decide how best to spend it, what they spend on one thing can't be spent on something else, if they don't spend on one thing it frees the money up to be spent on something else.

Lets say you have just enough money in your purse for a mars bar, if you buy the mars bar you won't have any money left to spend on something else you might want.

You can't spend the same money twice.

Your definition of wealthy clearly differs from mine.

I'm not defending anyone, and the law of this country says there are justifiable reasons for not prosecuting him.

You still believe that money grows on trees, the government has a finite amount to spend and they have to decide how best to spend it, what they spend on one thing can't be spent on something else, if they don't spend on one thing it frees the money up to be spent on something else.

Lets say you have just enough money in your purse for a mars bar, if you buy the mars bar you won't have any money left to spend on something else you might want.

You can't spend the same money twice.

What are you waffling on about? damn the law of this country and get back to the bit where you say there are more important things that the money could be spent on.

You obnviously don't have children nor do you have any understanding of them. The children he abused have a right to see this animal brought up before the courts - even if you think otherwise as you have made very clear.