This is Britain- Lord Janner won't face court

The cost will be considerable - although I dont necessarily think that should be a significant factor when dealing with cases like this concerning a so -called prominent member of the establishment - quite why CPS sent a QC along when the hearing was always going to be over in seconds escapes me.

if anyone thinks that he is going to be "held to account" please look up the sentences available for someone not fit to stand trial then tried on the actus reus - (the facts)

It will involve a trial of some length, occupy a court and doubtless they will have it tried by a High Court Judge who can do not a great deal to an 87 year old suffering from and accepted to be so by the Prosecution dementia.

The cost will be considerable - although I dont necessarily think that should be a significant factor when dealing with cases like this concerning a so -called prominent member of the establishment - quite why CPS sent a QC along when the hearing was always going to be over in seconds escapes me.

if anyone thinks that he is going to be "held to account" please look up the sentences available for someone not fit to stand trial then tried on the actus reus - (the facts)

It will involve a trial of some length, occupy a court and doubtless they will have it tried by a High Court Judge who can do not a great deal to an 87 year old suffering from and accepted to be so by the Prosecution dementia.

I think you're missing the point. Nobody expects him to be sentenced to jail. His reputation will be officially trashed, assuming he's found guilty, and it sends a very strong message to others in positions of power who might be tempted to do similar things that they won't be able to rely on the powers that be covering things up for them in the future.

I think you're missing the point. Nobody expects him to be sentenced to jail. His reputation will be officially trashed, assuming he's found guilty, and it sends a very strong message to others in positions of power who might be tempted to do similar things that they won't be able to rely on the powers that be covering things up for them in the future.

A "Trial of Facts" can't return a guilty verdict.

What a waste of time and money. You're going to get more sense out of a trifle than you would out of a man who has been diagnosed with dementia since 2009 (a time when Jimmy savile was still getting buildings named after him). His reputation can still be rightly trashed and any pensions etc removed. We know he won't go to jail. But this is bordering on farcical.

When are dragging the police through the courts who ignored/buried all this over the decades?

What a waste of time and money. You're going to get more sense out of a trifle than you would out of a man who has been diagnosed with dementia since 2009 (a time when Jimmy savile was still getting buildings named after him). His reputation can still be rightly trashed and any pensions etc removed. We know he won't go to jail. But this is bordering on farcical.

did being diagnosed with dementia stop him tuning up to collect his daily allowance and voting?

did it stop him transferring his assets from his name to his family?

did being diagnosed with dementia stop him tuning up to collect his daily allowance and voting?

Alzheimers is a horrible condition.

At the start decline is gradual - my father was capable of driving, making rational decisions around money etc up until two years before his death - the decline in the final two years was rapid - the last 6 months even more so.

Edited by Longcol

In June 2014whilst supposedly suffering with dementia he attended the House of Lords, claiming expenses as it was official business. He also drove himself there in his own car !!!! :suspect: