This is Britain- Lord Janner won't face court

I am waiting to see how much actual cross examination is going to take place.

The barrister (singular) acting for Janner will have argued at the start of the trial he is not fit to stand trial and not fit to plead - implicit in that is his inability to instruct his legal team and to fully participate in the trial process- other than saying he hasn't done it and "testing" the evidence or pointing out obvious and clear discrepancies, I wonder how far 'professionally' any questioning can go.

• 3 months later...

He might well be guilty of these sex crimes but have you ever tried to talk to someone who suffers from dementia,let alone take them to court..my Mum was horrible and nasty when she was younger and put me and my wife through some real stress and bad times in the past,she is now in a old folks home suffering from dementia she's completely ga ga you can't get any sense out of her at all,you just can't hold someone like that responsible in that state for things they

did in the past,you can't lock him up it would cost thousands to us taxpayers to keep him in prison suffering from dementia he would need 24/7 care,,I just can't help thinking though that because he has loads of money and position he's getting away with it, as usual with rich and privileged people.

He might well be guilty of these sex crimes but have you ever tried to talk to someone who suffers from dementia,let alone take them to court..my Mum was horrible and nasty when she was younger and put me and my wife through some real stress and bad times in the past,she is now in a old folks home suffering from dementia she's completely ga ga you can't get any sense out of her at all,you just can't hold someone like that responsible in that state for things they

did in the past,you can't lock him up it would cost thousands to us taxpayers to keep him in prison suffering from dementia he would need 24/7 care,,I just can't help thinking though that because he has loads of money and position he's getting away with it, as usual with rich and privileged people.

Dementia worked for this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Saunders

Will he have to pay back the money he's claimed for sitting in the house of lords while suffering from dementia?

---------- Post added 08-12-2015 at 13:45 ----------

Is it suggested that he has somehow managed to con / fool a number of fairly eminent doctors over a lengthy period, including those instructed by the prosecution?

Saunders was in a different league

Why was Saunders in a different league?

Saunders used his alleged ill health to get out of prison quickly - not to prevent or attempt to prevent a prosecution or to avoid going there in the first place

Same principal though. Faking illness to avoid the consequences.

When Ernest Saunders miraculously recovered from 'dementia' was he recalled to serve the rest of his sentence? .......thought not.

I am sorry Anna but all the evidence is in one direction with Janner -

Have you read the judges ruling on his fitness to plead/stand trial ?

If you haven't then you should do. All the medical people involved agree - including those on behalf of the prosecution