This is Britain- Lord Janner won't face court

Er - no it wasn't - there was going to be a trial of the facts - the witnesses / alleged victims would have given evidence and a jury asked to determine if he had committed the acts alleged. I suspect that at the very least would have allowed the details to be aired in public.

The public inquiry led by a New Zealand high court judge does indeed continue though

Maybe some reference to being a nonce that was protected by the establishment for many years could be included.I hope the hearing goes ahead so all the evidence is made public.

The only fact which has been proved is there were false allegations against Lord Janner that he faked illness to avoid being put on trial . He died an innocent man according to the law of the land .

The only fact which has been proved is there were false allegations against Lord Janner that he faked illness to avoid being put on trial . He died an innocent man according to the law of the land .

Jimmy Saville died an innocent man as well according to the law of the land and he has been found guilty without trial and the same thing should happen to Lord Janner.His alleged victims must be allowed to speak and the evidence heard.Why should he be allowed a pardon from it while so many other high profile individuals have been taken to court and have had their names dragged through the mud only to be found innocent in most cases.

Jimmy Saville died an innocent man as well according to the law of the land

[and he has been found guilty without trial] - do you mean trial by public opinion or the enquiry that was established and heard evidence as to his activity?

I must have missed the trial.

The consequence of his actions and the publicity it generated has led to huge numbers of people coming forward to make complaints to the police about sexual offences committed against them often many years ago - some actually say it's a direct consequence of this man that led them to going to the police.

[and the same thing should happen to Lord Janner.His alleged victims must be allowed to speak and the evidence heard] -

no one can stop them speaking out if that is what they want to do.

[Why should he be allowed a pardon from it] - no one is going to pardon him -you don't get a pardon because you've died ! There is a special endorsement made on the indictment that brings the proceedings to an end.

[while so many other high profile individuals have been taken to court and have had their names dragged through the mud only to be found innocent in most cases]

No don't agree - you seem to have forgotten that many so called celebs have been convicted.

The fact some have been acquitted indicates to me that the jury were not sure as to guilt as they must be - that's how juries work and how it should be.

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 18:07 ----------

The CPS are apparently considering continuing with the case even though the accused is dead

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35154673

That's a new one

A quote from the bible " You can't prosecute a dead man "

I sympathize with Lord Janner's family who have done nothing wrong and don't have the right to anonymity unlike those who make historic allegations .

Its not going to stop inquiry,same as Saville,like all his historical allegations who had anonymity but proved right.

You can't slander (or libel, I think you meant libel) a dead man.

The press following Janner's death has been very telling. Just like with Leon Brittan, there are very few people eulogising him. In the end, the truth will out. In Janner's case, that truth is pretty ugly.

And you can tell what's true and who's guilty even without a trial?

However do you manage that? I imagine that your views might change were you to be the accused!