This is Britain- Lord Janner won't face court

I can't imagine what that would be like but I would guess that it could cause some major psychological problems for an old man.

Dementia can be caused by high blood pressure, high blood pressure can be caused by stress, I would hazard a guess that such accusations are very stressful for the accused, especially if they are 86 years old. I've known people be fit and active one day and dead a few weeks later, especially when they are old.

Rolf Harris was hardly a spring chicken, but he went in the dock all the same - I believe he was 84 when he stood trial.

if you can't take the time, don't do the crime, it's as simple as that.

if you can't take the time, don't do the crime, it's as simple as that.

He hasn't been found guilty of committing a crime and he can't be tried because he is no longer fit enough to stand trial. Condemn the authorities for not taking him to trial years ago.

Rolf Harris was hardly a spring chicken, but he went in the dock all the same - I believe he was 84 when he stood trial.

Excellent point.

And this excuse has been used before. Ernest Saunders was released from prison with dementia, and amazingly made a full recovery. The only case ever to do so. The fact he was super rich and had friends in very high places had nothing to do with it...

If I was Rolf Harris I would develop dementia immediately and see what happens..

I don't remember anyone saying he had dementia.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 22:09 ----------

Excellent point.

And this excuse has been used before. Ernest Saunders was released from prison with dementia, and amazingly made a full recovery. The only case ever to do so. The fact he was super rich and had friends in very high places had nothing to do with it...

If I was Rolf Harris I would develop dementia immediately and see what happens..

He should have be tried after his miraculous recovery.

Ernest Saunders too.

And Augusto Pinochet the vile despot, human rights abuser & friend of Thatcher, claimed he had dementia to escape justice, but was well enough later to give a TV interview seemingly fully in control of his faculties :rolleyes:

I got the impression that some posters have no idea what severe dementia is. It's not being a bit forgetful.

If he's got severe dementia then he's effectively already gone/dead. So there would be no point putting him on trial now.

Does seem very convenient though.

I got the impression that some posters have no idea what severe dementia is. It's not being a bit forgetful.

If he's got severe dementia then he's effectively already gone/dead. So there would be no point putting him on trial now.

Does seem very convenient though.

He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2009.

Four doctors unanimously agreed that Lord Janner, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2009 and who now needs round the clock care, was not mentally capable of standing trial and so he will never now be prosecuted.

Guest sibon
I can't imagine what that would be like but I would guess that it could cause some major psychological problems for an old man.

Dementia can be caused by high blood pressure, high blood pressure can be caused by stress, I would hazard a guess that such accusations are very stressful for the accused, especially if they are 86 years old. I've known people be fit and active one day and dead a few weeks later, especially when they are old.

We are all well aware of your past history of defending the actions of paedophiles. You might change your name, your attitude still pervades.

Janner is a horrible human being. He's been protected by the establishment for years. He belongs in court. His victims deserve to give their evidence. If Janner can't defend himself, the Judge can stop the trial at any point.

The final indignity is the news that a retired High Court judge will review the CPS decision. A judge, reviewing a decision by a barrister to not prosecute another Barrister. You couldn't make it up.

Excellent point.

As I was saying above, Lord Ganex also did this, after being jailed for fraud. he had Alzheimers, which is supposedly incurable, and oddly, he made a miraculous recovery as soon as the prison gates closed with him on the outside.

I believe his cure was so miraculous, he was able to resume his speaking career on leaving prison.

We are all well aware of your past history of defending the actions of paedophiles. You might change your name, your attitude still pervades.

Janner is a horrible human being. He's been protected by the establishment for years. He belongs in court. His victims deserve to give their evidence. If Janner can't defend himself, the Judge can stop the trial at any point.

The final indignity is the news that a retired High Court judge will review the CPS decision. A judge, reviewing a decision by a barrister to not prosecute another Barrister. You couldn't make it up.

You clearly know nothing about me, the way UK law works or dementia. So there's little that you can add to the topic other than abuse.