Plaid Cymru view on Health Migration

Absolutely fuming with that Plaid Cymru representative on the live debate tonight. I am not a voter of UKIP but Nigel Farage made the point when the discussion was about NHS funding during the last live debate that many foreign people were using the NHS for free health care, particularly around HIV patients. Leanne Wood, and Nicola Sturgeon also joined in, took the moral high ground and responded with "“This kind of scaremongering is dangerous. It’s dangerous, it divides communities and it creates stigma to people who are ill, and I think you ought to be ashamed of yourself.” And she has had another go tonight so well done for stifling debate on what is a matter of public concern. Ok Leanne, I for one wish no one on this planet had to suffer from any illness but I, and this is what you are talking about here, I, cannot afford to provide the rest of the world with health care. I am proud to contribute to a system providing care when needed but that can only work when everyone using it contributes, not just a minority as she is suggesting should be the case. She is more than likely in a better position than me to purchase private insurance and wishes to be in an even better one by progressing her political career whereby she will no doubt have private health insurance and will not even use the NHS. No wonder she came bottom of the polls on the last live debate, it is one of the issues that should be discussed without people like her jumping on the moral high ground to make it a taboo subject as so many other issues have become.

On a side note, how pathetically rehearsed did Ed Milliband look tonight? Please give us someone credible, not in it for themselves and make it a legal responsibility to only talk facts when running for public office!

and as for the green Natalie Bennett??! what a joke, it was quite funny when she lost her temper shouting "its my turn to talk" lol.

as it stands the NHS is a very valid point made by the audience questioner, it is patently obvious for anyone with an ounce of common sense that mass migration puts huge stresses on an already weak NHS and should be stopped for at least 5 years.

Absolutely fuming with that Plaid Cymru representative on the live debate tonight. I am not a voter of UKIP but Nigel Farage made the point when the discussion was about NHS funding during the last live debate that many foreign people were using the NHS for free health care, particularly around HIV patients. Leanne Wood, and Nicola Sturgeon also joined in, took the moral high ground and responded with "“This kind of scaremongering is dangerous. It’s dangerous, it divides communities and it creates stigma to people who are ill, and I think you ought to be ashamed of yourself.” And she has had another go tonight so well done for stifling debate on what is a matter of public concern. Ok Leanne, I for one wish no one on this planet had to suffer from any illness but I, and this is what you are talking about here, I, cannot afford to provide the rest of the world with health care. I am proud to contribute to a system providing care when needed but that can only work when everyone using it contributes, not just a minority as she is suggesting should be the case. She is more than likely in a better position than me to purchase private insurance and wishes to be in an even better one by progressing her political career whereby she will no doubt have private health insurance and will not even use the NHS. No wonder she came bottom of the polls on the last live debate, it is one of the issues that should be discussed without people like her jumping on the moral high ground to make it a taboo subject as so many other issues have become.

On a side note, how pathetically rehearsed did Ed Milliband look tonight? Please give us someone credible, not in it for themselves and make it a legal responsibility to only talk facts when running for public office!

They agree with Nigal but agreeing with him isn't a vote winner, so they lie.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 21:54 ----------

and as for the green Natalie Bennett??! what a joke, it was quite funny when she lost her temper shouting "its my turn to talk" lol.

as it stands the NHS is a very valid point made by the audience questioner, it is patently obvious for anyone with an ounce of common sense that mass migration puts huge stresses on an already weak NHS and should be stopped for at least 5 years.

Its not demand that causes problems.:suspect:

Lets build 100's of thousands of cheap houses, create 100's of thousands of jobs, increase wages to £10 an hour, increase benefits and give free health care to all. Then sit back and watch the tsunami of immigrants flood in to take advantage.

Then the same people will say its nothing to do with immigration we simply didn't build enough house or create enough jobs. :loopy:

On a side note, how pathetically rehearsed did Ed Milliband look tonight?

An incredibly weak leader.

He got rumbled by Murdoch when in a debate he said he stood up to him. Murdoch, as quick as a flash, tweeted that they had only met for 2 minutes and Milliband was full of praise for him.

Whether people like Cameron or not he is straight to the point, without thanking the audience for the question and other time wasting tactics.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 22:02 ----------

it is one of the issues that should be discussed without people like her jumping on the moral high ground to make it a taboo subject as so many other issues have become.

I was outside the Hallamshire the other week and was shocked at the number of patients coming out of the hospital to smoke.

Whilst immigration is a hot issue, people's stupidity is another factor that is crippling the NHS.

Whether people like Cameron or not he is straight to the point, without thanking the audience for the question and other time wasting tactics.

Yep, Cameron had a great performance tonight, didn't he? Errr. . .

Yep, Cameron had a great performance tonight, didn't he? Errr. . .

I would have just felt he was lying to me also, they all do. This business of allowing people to buy Housing Association properties, the only sense it makes is for the Tories to get the votes of people who don't own their own home and leave even less affordable housing available to the rest just like thatcher did with council houses. I wonder how many private landlords own those council houses now?

Edited by SharkDiver

I would have just felt he was lying to me also, they all do. This business of allowing people to buy Housing Association properties, the only sense it makes is for the Tories to get the votes of people who don't own their own home and leave even less affordable housing available to the rest just like thatcher did with council houses. I wonder how many private landlords own those council houses now?

I know people involved in politics and whilst the good people of Sheffield are happily voting them in because their dad did, they are happily cruising the Caribbean only concerned with you keeping them there, not with your daily lives!

How does selling an house to the current occupant reduce the number of houses?

They agree with Nigal but agreeing with him isn't a vote winner, so they lie.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 21:54 ----------

Its not demand that causes problems.:suspect:

Lets build 100's of thousands of cheap houses, create 100's of thousands of jobs, increase wages to £10 an hour, increase benefits and give free health care to all. Then sit back and watch the tsunami of immigrants flood in to take advantage.

Then the same people will say its nothing to do with immigration we simply didn't build enough house or create enough jobs. :loopy:

ah yes i forgot the demand is just the by product of immigration:suspect: all these cheap houses we only need because of mass immigration?? let the wage level find its own minimum, market forces will bring it up when the work pool is reduced, time to also stop benefit and health tourism, the only credible person on the show tonight was???

ah yes i forgot the demand is just the by product of immigration:suspect: all these cheap houses we only need because of mass immigration?? let the wage level find its own minimum, market forces will bring it up when the work pool is reduced, time to also stop benefit and health tourism, the only credible person on the show tonight was???

Demand is the product of rapid population expansion.

The pool of workers won't be reduced, so wage will stay low.

Nigel Farage.