Plaid Cymru view on Health Migration

the audience didn't like those answers did they. They booed him and even UKIP will be realising the whole debates thing has done them no favours at all. Farage managed to pull off the difficult task of doing even worse in the second debate than he did in the first one.

the audience didn't like those answers did they. They booed him and even UKIP will be realising the whole debates thing has done them no favours at all. Farage managed to pull off the difficult task of doing even worse in the second debate than he did in the first one.

He answered the questions and just because some people didn't like the answers doesn't change the fact that he is the only one willing to answer the difficult questions.

Some people in the audience booed him and that was to be expected, we will know if you are right after the election, when the lefties abuse anyone that supports UKIP you can expect people to keep what they think to themselves. But on election day no one will know who they voted for.

If we want to provide health care for people from overseas... want to provide more housing because of increases in population... need more school places and GP's for the same reason, we will just have to pay more tax. They need to be honest. It would be refreshing, but highly unlikely, if they said we want to do all these things but we have to pay more tax.

David Dimbleby said that the audience was made up 'by an independent polling organisation to represent the balance between all parties' so really 4/5ths of the audience were most likely left-wing then, as all the other opposition on the programme were left-wing parties. (or 5/7ths if Tory and LIBDem were included), so it's not surprising he was booed.

I thought the others trod very carefully here saying 'more money for public services', or used the same old mantra of 'we're made up of immigrants'. Well, yes we are, but not in the numbers that are coming here in the last 15 years or so.

Saying that I didn't think this was Farage's finest hour. Being heckled by those 2 that are just there to make the numbers up didn't help (green/Plaid).

I thought it was better without Cameron this time. If Sturgeon talked about Scotland less and was Labour leader would probably win the next election for them, so thank goodness she isn't.

I think Miliband probably won this one out of the 3. Leanne was awful, much worse than the first one.

Farage came over very badly and did not even shake the hands of the other debaters at the end. Miliband and Sturgeon couldn't believe it and were pleased as punch he made such a basic error as attacking the audience. Farage can't make out Sturgeon and Plaid and the Greens are 'pro-establishment'. He looked like a schoolboy oaf in a children's playground annoyed that the game of football didn't go the way he wanted. Also, what about his stated aim of poaching Labour's core vote? Aren't they 'too left-wing' as well?

Farage came over very badly and did not even shake the hands of the other debaters at the end. Miliband and Sturgeon couldn't believe it and were pleased as punch he made such a basic error as attacking the audience. Farage can't make out Sturgeon and Plaid and the Greens are 'pro-establishment'. He looked like a schoolboy oaf in a children's playground annoyed that the game of football didn't go the way he wanted. Also, what about his stated aim of poaching Labour's core vote? Aren't they 'too left-wing' as well?

actually he came over rather well, it was obvious that the audience were left leaning, he actually addressed and answered questions rather than skirting round issues like Millibland. as for the shaking of hands it was sturgeon and bennett that walked away and then thought better of it and came over to him to shake hands. its looking more likely for a conservativeUKIP coalition, the best we can hope for.

He shook hands with Sturgeon and Miliband at the end, albeit they had to come to him.

He came off very badly IMO and I was surprised he received any applause. But that goes to show, even with his attack, they still applauded some of his comments. That says a lot about how people feel.

If we want to provide health care for people from overseas... want to provide more housing because of increases in population... need more school places and GP's for the same reason, we will just have to pay more tax. They need to be honest. It would be refreshing, but highly unlikely, if they said we want to do all these things but we have to pay more tax.

Actually the Greens are saying exactly that. If we want to increase we can do as a state then we need to pay for it and if that includes treating some people from abroad on the NHS then that's what it means. I'm not sure I can see any sensible alternative, would you simply allow to someone to die on the street if they couldn't afford to pay for the healthcare? I can absolutely understand the argument and where people are coming from with regards to immigration, but we can't have it all ways. I think that the EU has drifted from it's original aim and that too many countries with low incomes are being accepted, but, there are benefits for all of Europe long term by increasing these countries economies and the EU should offer a good way to do that, but short term it does seem neutral if not detrimental.

Also, we'd have to change hospitals pretty drastically! We have no patient 'billing' facility in the NHS, none of the hospital systems are designed for any billing so that would have to be created if we are to go down that route. That will cost a lot of money and based on our current IT ****-ups it'll take years to implement and then likely not work anyway! Unless we completely block NHS access at all and say all non-British nationals have to go fully private.

And to add, I think if Labour had a leader who wasn't absolute hopeless they'd be winning this election hands down...