Plaid Cymru view on Health Migration

We've just been unfortunate enough to spend a week on SCH infectious diseases ward and we were absolutely austounded to see how many Slovakian/Romainian children were being treat in this ward. They easily outnumbered everyone else. Not sure if this is common place in hospital's around the country? Is this an example Health Migration or just a coincidence???

On a super happy note though i'd just like to say that we in Sheffield are so lucky to have such a fantastic hospital on our doorstep. The care our son received was second to none and as a result, he's getting much better now from a very serious illness :)

We've just been unfortunate enough to spend a week on SCH infectious diseases ward and we were absolutely austounded to see how many Slovakian/Romainian children were being treat in this ward. They easily outnumbered everyone else.

With all the Roma kids and adults spitting everywhere and living in poor quality and damp homes in the Page Hall area, I'm surprised they're not all coming down with tuberculosis or the plague!

Not sure if this is common place in hospital's around the country? Is this an example Health Migration or just a coincidence???

You'll have to ask the Roma themselves. Did you?

The Roma are from the EU, so have free movement around Europe. It could be classed at health tourism, but then the Roma are also entitled to be in the UK.

On a super happy note though i'd just like to say that we in Sheffield are so lucky to have such a fantastic hospital on our doorstep. The care our son received was second to none and as a result, he's getting much better now from a very serious illness :)

Show your appreciation here:

http://www.tchc.org.uk/donate/

With all the Roma kids and adults spitting everywhere and living in poor quality and damp homes in the Page Hall area, I'm surprised they're not all coming down with tuberculosis or the plague!

Maybe that's it?

You'll have to ask the Roma themselves. Did you?

No! I was more interested in my son's condition, plus, it'd be a bit intrusive and nosey of e don't you think?!

The Roma are from the EU, so have free movement around Europe. It could be classed at health tourism, but then the Roma are also entitled to be in the UK.

Show your appreciation here:

http://www.tchc.org.uk/donate/

One step ahead of you there matey! :)

Edited by Grenoside123

There, I've changed my autosig.

Hope you like it :)

I love it! Thank you :)

It really is a fantastic cause. We found out whilst in there that the money not only goes towards better equiptment but also on the little things that you don't think about (which get no NHS funding) but make so much difference to the poorly inpatients such as a TV, creative activity or a games console etc to help pass the days etc.

We've set up a direct debit to the SCH and would love it if others would too....dig deep people!!! :)

We've set up a direct debit to the SCH and would love it if others would too....dig deep people!!! :)

I set up a DD with them after they helped save the life of a friends newborn child a couple of years back; the baby had surgery at a couple of weeks old and remained in hospital for several more months until fully recovered :)

I agree we are very fortunate to have the SCH on our doorstep. The SCH takes in patients from all over the North of England, and my heart goes out to the parents who have to commute hundreds of miles while their children are poorly.

I set up a DD with them after they helped save the life of a friends newborn child a couple of years back; the baby had surgery at a couple of weeks old and remained in hospital for several more months until fully recovered :)

I agree we are very fortunate to have the SCH on our doorstep. The SCH takes in patients from all over the North of England, and my heart goes out to the parents who have to commute hundreds of miles while their children are poorly.

Good on you :)

Hope your friend's little one is doing well now after such a difficult start to life.

Good on you :)

Hope your friend's little one is doing well now after such a difficult start to life.

Yes thanks, the child is doing great.

My friend still keeps in touch with the NSU staff every Christmas, sending them Christmas cards, chocolates and photos of their child!

of course this is like Farage himself the other night, blaming the audience of course the Commies used to do that too. They showed their true utter contempt for people, who inconveniently for them did not agree with what they said, by claiming they were stupid and gullible.

Most opinion polls taken over the last 10 years or so show that 70-80% of people think immigration should be reduced or stopped completely. Despite this, it appeared as if 70-80% of the audience disagreed with UKIP policy on immigration and as such Farage had a point... the audience clearly did not reflect the balance of public opinion. It isn't a case of blaming the audience for this but the people who selected the audience.