Immigrants dying in the Mediterranean

Wouldn't it be good if all the rich countries in the world got together and sorted world poverty once and for all...

We (amongst others) have been sending billions to these third world countries to improve their lives.

What happened to it all?

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

Wouldn't it be good if all the rich countries in the world got together and sorted world poverty once and for all...

We (amongst others) have been sending billions to these third world countries to improve their lives.

What happened to it all?

Dictators back pockets

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

What happened to it all?

Dictators back pockets

Yes. I recall a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that the UK could save time by simply posting (or, nowadays, CHAPS-ing) the 'Overseas Aid' largesse funds direct to the kleptocrats' Swiss bank accounts.

Did anyone see the Rohinga muslim boat people trying to get into Indonesia? Their fellow muslims in Indonesia won't let them in. They tow their boats back out to sea.

Good to see at least someone has got some sense.

Yes. I recall a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that the UK could save time by simply posting (or, nowadays, CHAPS-ing) the 'Overseas Aid' largesse funds direct to the kleptocrats' Swiss bank accounts.

Dammit Jeffrey I thought they were using the bank of nigeria like that nice prince guy that keeps writing to me, now there is a man with cash flow problems... my heart bleeds for him.

Hi Cuttsie,

True it's a world problem not just a European problem but when refugees reach European waters we have to have a strategy to deal with the situation. I can say the people I met in Molyvos were nothing but very polite and most were professional people. In fact I have kept contact with two young men that have now been moved first to Macedonia and soon to go to Serbia. They tell me they are being kept in woodlands at moment not a camp and they say conditions are really bad where and people are fighting each other for food. Surely in this day and age we can treat people escaping from warzones with a bit more dignity and respect. It's not their fault they find themselves in such situations.

........They tell me they are being kept in woodlands at moment not a camp and they say conditions are really bad where and people are fighting each other for food.

I can't understanf the authorities. Round up any boats tow them back empty them and bring them back to fill up with those that did make it. Take them back too... rinse and repaeat till all are safely back home. Then there is no problem of finding the funds to feed these free loaders and parasites that simply want to abandon their own countries and drag others, including ours, down.

There are people dying in the UK too due to all these POOR immigrants coming over here. Because lets face it, they don't just want to come to Europe. They want to come to the UK. Why? because this country looks after them better than it's own citizens.

Enough is enough, send them back.

Why are the media calling them immigrants? Illegal immigrants, maybe, but not immigrants in any true sense of the word's meaning.

I agree with loraward, they should be rescued and returned. Anyone found on the boat that seems to be in charge of it, should be handed over to the authorities on the other side. Or, if possible, arrested and charged and imprisoned for long enough to discourage them from doing it again.

Letting these 'immigrants' stay is just encouraging others to risk their lives and their money on a fool's journey. Sympathise with them, but Europe can't take everyone in.

Perhaps the media should use the term 'humans' more often, or maybe people.

Humans die in the Mediterranean.

People die in the Mediterranean.

It could have used many different terms to elicit different responses.

Foreigners die in the Mediterranean.

Citizens die in the Mediterranean.

Foreign Citizens die in the Mediterranean.

Aliens die in the Mediterranean.

Illegal aliens die in the Mediterranean.

Christians die in the Mediterranean.

Muslims die in the Mediterranean.

Women and Children die in the Mediterranean.

Men die in the Mediterranean.

Elderly people die in the Mediterranean.

Young people die in the Mediterranean.

English die in the Mediterranean.

Fish die in the Mediterranean.

30 die in the Mediterranean.

Lithuanian die in the Mediterranean.

Civilians fleeing war die in the Mediterranean.

Human beings desperately fleeing genocidal maniacs after some of the most brutal and depraved conflict the World and Humanity has seen since the height of the last World War, from the disputed regions in the countries formerly know as Iraq and Syria, where multiple wars have raged for over a decade and resulted in hundreds of thousands of innocent civillian deaths, peoples that have no nation of safety to go to, tragically die in the Mediterranean, having given all their life's savings to unscrupulous people smugglers with no concern for their lives, their safety and wellbeing, in their attempts to reach Europe, so they can re-gain some of the Human Rights they previously enjoyed in their homelands before the war that destroyed their former Country's/Ancestoral land began.

IDPs die in the Mediterranean.

Internally displaced people escaping from active warzones die in the Mediterranean.

Nurses die in the Mediterranean.

Regardless of the headline, we should be able to read what has happened, and then react to it.

People have died, in horrible circumstances. Many of them innocent people trying to escape death.

We shouldn't be allowing this to happen.

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 19:02 ----------

There are people dying in the UK too due to all these POOR immigrants coming over here. Because lets face it, they don't just want to come to Europe. They want to come to the UK. Why? because this country looks after them better than it's own citizens.

Enough is enough, send them back.

People aren't dying in the UK because of immigration, they are dying because of inequality, it is also inequality that is driving immigration.

Consolodation of the fruits of people's labour occurs in places like London and it drives communities from allover the World that it has extracted wealth from in search for that wealth.

Every Empire in the World has had a Capital City that has attracted the produce of, and people of the Empire, from every corner of the Empire to it's Capital.