How do I transfer money from Paypal a/c to bank a/c?

Nope.

I originally paid a certain amount for something and I messaged the seller that since the item didn't really qualify for the figure he asked for, I'd like a part-refund of £5.00

He agreed and Paypal sent me an e-mail to say he'd done that.

I originally paid via debit card. Presumably the refund should go back on there literally in an instant? - It's been 2 days now and still nothing.

Hi Greeny,

Did you pay via a debit card that was linked to your pay pal account? If so, the refund goes back on the debit card not in to your pay pal account even though both the transactions (paying & refunded) are classed as pay pal transactions. The only time a refund will go back in to the pay pal account is if the payment came directly out of funds that were actually in your pay pal account to start with., not from a debit card that was funding the pay pal transaction. I doubt anything will "move" over the weekend as they are not banking days. Check the balance of your bank account (where the deb card is held) on Mon or Tue.