Pet Insurance - Advice Please

tbh i have only had pet insurance for 1 year.

i now only have 3 dogs, had 5 until 11am today, and have had 10 or 11 to date,plus 4 horse.

as yet none of them have ever needed any work done that was more than the cost of the excess & the insurance,even with all the meds.

policies also change as the dog ages and t&c's change as does benefits.

i'm not suggesting you don't do it just ponder on it.

Petplan are supposed to provide a good insurance policy so I have heard.

I saw this woman on TV not so long ago highly recommending them as her cat needed major heart surgery which cost almost £50,000.

She didnt have any trouble from petplan insurance company when she put in the claim and her cat had sucessful surgery as a result.

I dont have any pets myself but if I did I would like to get my insurance from them if this is what they did.

We are with M&S for both my dogs. You can have no excess and pay more in premium or have an excess such as £50 and pay less premium.

Look out for insurance that covers your pet for life, which means that the insurance will carry on paying for treatment after the 12 months (so long as you pay the next years premium). This means that if your dog develops a long term illness, the insurance will continue to pay for treatment. Only a few insurance places do this, such as M&S & Petplan (petplan are apparently the bees knees of pet insurance).