Kickboxing - fights

yeah we spar with whoever at training but I am only 5ft 1 so wouldn't fight a 6 ft beast!

I have been to watch other people I train with fight and it didn't look too bad so will definitely try it.....in the wrong sport if I didn't wanna get hurt really....doesn't bother me! : )

hi clo bo

this friend of yours who ahd ehr first fight after 2 months, was it at ''usport'' in sheffield?

she fought a blonde girl called amy is that right?

the ref was a fat guy with a brummy accent?

my instructor promoted that show

you train at marsdens isnt that right?

my advice is have a novice fight first dont go in at the deep end or it will be a really rude awakening.

some of your guys have fought some of the AFK guys and wayne betts trains at both marsdens and AFK.

yeah we spar with whoever at training but I am only 5ft 1 so wouldn't fight a 6 ft beast!

I have been to watch other people I train with fight and it didn't look too bad so will definitely try it.....in the wrong sport if I didn't wanna get hurt really....doesn't bother me! : )

if you do find yourself sparring with some monster in training, if he is any good he'll use the opportunity to practise his control and timing - if anyone gets stuck in too hard for you, don't be afraid to tell them to watch it

hi clo bo

this friend of yours who ahd ehr first fight after 2 months, was it at ''usport'' in sheffield?

she fought a blonde girl called amy is that right?

the ref was a fat guy with a brummy accent?

my instructor promoted that show

you train at marsdens isnt that right?

my advice is have a novice fight first dont go in at the deep end or it will be a really rude awakening.

some of your guys have fought some of the AFK guys and wayne betts trains at both marsdens and AFK.

I'm not sure...was few years ago though I think! she trains down at 393 and somewhere else I think.

yeah I train at Marsden's. knew Wayne trained somewhere else, only seen Wayne fight once...at S10 in February....won it though. :D

hey just thought id say that clo bo if you feel really i dont see why u should fight maybe a light continous fight or semi contact. i dont think u need wait just make sure your instructor gets you in the ring with someone with similar experience. And some of the hardest fights Ive had is with people who have only been doing kickboxing 8 months.

when you fight in tournments you usually have to fight people similar weight usually within 5kg per weight group. so dont worry i dont think you would fight someone 6ft tall unless they really really skinny :hihi:

I tell you something though from the last few tournments ive fought at the women have been soo much more vicious then the guys:o

hey just thought id say that clo bo if you feel really i dont see why u should fight maybe a light continous fight or semi contact. i dont think u need wait just make sure your instructor gets you in the ring with someone with similar experience. And some of the hardest fights Ive had is with people who have only been doing kickboxing 8 months.

when you fight in tournments you usually have to fight people similar weight usually within 5kg per weight group. so dont worry i dont think you would fight someone 6ft tall unless they really really skinny :hihi:

I tell you something though from the last few tournments ive fought at the women have been soo much more vicious then the guys:o

Thanks sunnysingh.....there is one coming up at end of May I think it is at S10 which my friend says would be a good one if I did wanna have my first fight there.

yeah, i have seen some vicious women fighters....luckily all a lot bigger than me! come to think of it....saw about one person my size!

Hi Clo_bo.

Wayne trains at my club. He entered the tournament at S10 which I promoted and won his whole division convincingly. Waynes first fight was actually against your instructor Simon Marsden who is incidentally a good friend of mine. With an open minded instructor like Simon and with good management (entering the right tournaments early on) you will progress well.

As for you entering the next one in May, Im the one who will referee your contest.

Regards:

The REF!

P.S send Simon and Daz my regards

It was an interesting tournament. That is how i met Simon and Daz in the first place.

Simon beat Wayne and Daz beat this Kurdish lad.

Daz fought Stephen Hawker (from AFK), Stephen dropped him with a kick to the back of the head and Simon got revenge by beating Stephen.

It was a great day out I remember the whole event like it was yesterday.

The start of a few friendships too.

Now why cant all the kickboxing clubs get on like this?

Martial arts is all about respect and comradeship.

Looks like somebody forgot to tell a lot of the people who keep arguing and badmouthing on the net.

I promised to keep off this forum as I had officially given up foruming (as i considered it to be unprofessional being an official).

The constant prompts and all the bugging I have had to put up from everyone have lead to me joining in the fun.

Archived