Where to live in chesterfield?

Hi I currently live in Sheffield with my partner and children due to circumstances changing we are looking at starting a new life in Chesterfield...We have been to chesterfield for shopping and events and things but that is about it. Im wanting a respectable average area that has a good level educated primary school. Could someone give me advice on were I need to avoid and what is considered as ok. Im not too fussy but would like a very good school and a good bus route. many thanks

feel free to inbox me also thanks

We live in Brampton, near Ashgate Road and love the area.

I'm not too sure on buses but we walk to the town center from here.

I don't have kids but am told the local schools are good.

It's also within walking distance of Chatsworth Road ie pubs, shops and restaurants if you like that sort of thing. :)

Thank you guys! We have seen a house near casa hotel but unsure of the area it's near Newbold. Has anyone got any advice.thanks

Casa hotel isn't near Newbold particularly. I don't think there's much going for the area around the Casa hotel tbh. Stonegravels, Whit Moor and the like are not very nice.

Newbold sort of starts at the top of stand road and goes North West towards Barlow. Further out it is known as "Upper Newbold" and that's quite a nice area with decent schools. There's quite a lot of new housing along there and it's very pleasant. Other decent areas are Walton, Somersall, Old Brampton, Ashgate.

Not a bad choice Chesterfield. Very nice little market town, easy to get in and out. Used to live there once and enjoyed it.

Casa hotel isn't near Newbold particularly. I don't think there's much going for the area around the Casa hotel tbh. Stonegravels, Whit Moor and the like are not very nice.

Newbold sort of starts at the top of stand road and goes North West towards Barlow. Further out it is known as "Upper Newbold" and that's quite a nice area with decent schools. There's quite a lot of new housing along there and it's very pleasant. Other decent areas are Walton, Somersall, Old Brampton, Ashgate.

Not a bad choice Chesterfield. Very nice little market town, easy to get in and out. Used to live there once and enjoyed it.

In my earlier post I wanted to mention Walton as a nice area too and forgot! So.......2nd recommedation for Walton :)

My brother lives near Linacre Woods, and that's lovely. It's a fairly new estate but close to parks and open countryside, schools are good and local facilities seem to be close to hand. His family loves it there, they've settled really well.

My brother lives near Linacre Woods, and that's lovely. It's a fairly new estate but close to parks and open countryside, schools are good and local facilities seem to be close to hand. His family loves it there, they've settled really well.

I regularly run around Linacre Resevoirs, lovely part of town! :)