Vintedge shop now converted to a Charity shop

Everyone seems to be jumping on the "vintage" bandwagow these days, when most of them sell stuff about as vintage as a can of Irn-Bru.

Sheffield's vintage/antiques/retro quarter, which has recently been officially designated as such with brown signage is something to be proud of and celebrated. It is one of Sheffield's greatest assets and naysayers need to understand just what this area contributes to the city's otherwise woeful shopping offering. I can't think of a more concentrated group of high quality vintage shops in the country. I went to Portobello Road recently and thought it wasn't a patch on the Abbeydale/Chesterfield/Broadfield Road triangle. Locally, Ecclesall Road needs to up its game in my opinion...

Sheffield's vintage/antiques/retro quarter, which has recently been officially designated as such with brown signage is something to be proud of and celebrated. It is one of Sheffield's greatest assets and naysayers need to understand just what this area contributes to the city's otherwise woeful shopping offering. I can't think of a more concentrated group of high quality vintage shops in the country. I went to Portobello Road recently and thought it wasn't a patch on the Abbeydale/Chesterfield/Broadfield Road triangle. Locally, Ecclesall Road needs to up its game in my opinion...

It's a terrible area. You keep telling us.

Guest sibon
I very much recommend Hop Hideout, the beer shop at Vintedge. The selection is excellent and the staff are lovely.

And the record shop. And the cafe next door.

Tis a lovely place.

It is a little sad that there is not mention about how the charity ar elderly being helped by this great link up. Vintage is a great shop that has helped lots of independents launch and has breathed life into a great building.

Global brands can easily weather local criticism, economically and personally. The guys at Vintage have been criticised for using their time and energy to support an organisation whose role it is to support some of our most disadvantaged, whilst continuing to run their own business.

Thanks to everyone at Vintage, you have a made a great contribution to Sheffield, I look forward to you efforts inspiring those who criticise you, choosing to demonstrate their own passions to help others by using their time and wisdom to teach us all how to support local charities in a way that is both effective and meets their own ideals.