Vintedge shop now converted to a Charity shop

I think you are being very unfair.

To call anyone 'weird' is offensive.

The apparent disorganisation adds to the charm of the true vintage shop.

It's not like Coles or Debenhams you know !:roll:

It's called an opinion. My opinion - am I not allowed to have one ? A very "weird" attitude from some one who seems very fond of venting their own views on here and also pontificating on others. You seem to be out-of-touch in more ways than on "Coles", disappeared many years ago.

It's called an opinion. My opinion - am I not allowed to have one ? A very "weird" attitude from some one who seems very fond of venting their own views on here and also pontificating on others. You seem to be out-of-touch in more ways than on "Coles", disappeared many years ago.

I have an opinion too which is no less important than yours.

Ridicule and condescension seem to be your way of dealing with others more tuned in and intelligent than yourself - a defence mechanism I guess that you have relied on in your life and for some time.

You are fond of calling people 'weird' which is offensive and nondescriptive.

I think you will find many many Sheffield folk still refer to John Lewis as Coles - is it really something to ridicule someone about?

You really should try to be more tolerant of people who don't 'fit' into what your small world defines as 'normal'.

Regards

---------- Post added 15-06-2015 at 22:06 ----------

I can assure you that as we are collecting / marketing / restoring the items and then selling them in our slightly disorganised but friendly shop we are helping out the charity. They don't pay rent for the space which we usually charge traders.The charity is selling items quickly and therefore having more room in their shop to sell more items we are helping out a good cause.

Thank you for your feedback. We are having a relaunch at the weekend if you could make it and hopefully your view will change!

Well done and keep up the good work.

There are many many people who love your shop and enjoy the friendly service you provide.

Thank you.

I think you will find many many Sheffield folk still refer to John Lewis as Coles - is it really something to ridicule someone about?

Suppose it shows people in Sheffield have the mindset that the place is the world's biggest village and nothing more....

Must dash, I'm off to Safeway.

Vintedge is a good place run by sound people. Based on only a couple of visits tbh, but sometimes you just know.

The last time I went in there (a few months ago) it was totally disorganised and full of the most awful tat - I've seen much better in a skip ! It also seemed to be staffed by weird and unfriendly people.

^ and at the other end of the scale, sometimes you just know when people aren't.

There's a choice here. You don't like it - walk on by and stop moaning about it. You don't go in your problem is solved quite easily. You like then go in and buy. It's not that hard is it? I think it's a great place and more power to their elbow!