Letting people down..life getting in the way

Bit fed up..hate rearranging important stuff but find doing it a lot lately.

Just find life getting in the way! Am planning to attend something then something else comes up...family or whatever.

Or something takes longer than planned.

Either im slowing down or life is too busy, either way im getting depressed bout the whole situation.

Just find life getting in the way! Am planning to attend something then something else comes up...family or whatever.

Either im slowing down or life is too busy, either way im getting depressed bout the whole situation.

I found myself in this situation. I was getting no time do anything I wanted or make time for myself, I once went 9mths without a hair cut because I literally had no time for myself. I have a full time job plus me and the OH run our own business which I have to do the accounts for once I've taken the dogs out after getting in from work, sometimes I wasn't even getting my tea until gone 10pm.. then at weekends I'd be running around after family members etc. It got to me after a while and I was really down in the dumps.

So I made myself a promise at the end of last year and I stick to it.. I give myself one full day every month to do whatever I want! whether that be meeting up with friends, retail therapy, a haircut, spa treatment or just laying around all day in my pj's eating rubbish and watching mind numbing tv... It's my day and I make it clear to everyone that I'm not available for requests!

If you can, I would recommend you also make a day for yourself and stick to it... it's only one day, I'm sure everything else can wait for 24hrs.

It's important to give yourself a break..

And don't over commit in the first place. Make sure you leave time between events and appointments to deal with over runs.

You can't manage everything, sometimes life will throw you a curve ball. But if you're often having to change plans and/or cancel things, then you've over committed in the first place (whether that be down to slowing down or not doesn't really matter).

Leave enough time for yourself, leave enough time to feel relaxed about doing the things you have planned.

sorry, if this is not relevant. A lot of my mates spend hours on hours watching TV sports, Facebook, Twitter, U-tube and then complain they have no time to take the kids out or sort the garden etc.

Without wanting to sound flippant, sitting in front of a screen can creep up on you, such that you wonder where your time went.

I'm genuinely not trying to have a pop at those that love their screens and feel they need to be in touch. It is meant as constructive advice.

sorry, if this is not relevant. A lot of my mates spend hours on hours watching TV sports, Facebook, Twitter, U-tube and then complain they have no time to take the kids out or sort the garden etc.

Without wanting to sound flippant, sitting in front of a screen can creep up on you, such that you wonder where your time went.

I'm genuinely not trying to have a pop at those that love their screens and feel they need to be in touch. It is meant as constructive advice.

The good ol' plug drug!

tis very true.

Edited by Chelle-82
words the wrong way round!