Tory Chairman accused of duplicate wiki accounts

And other people's?

No not other people's. But I have edited wikipedia to make it more accurate to find that the page was 'cleaned up' by another user to reinsert the misleading information. There's no guarantee that wiki and it's community is necessarily unbiased or accurate.

Is Grant Shapps being naughty on Wikipedia – or did a Lib Dem stitch him up?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/30/grant_shapps_may_not_have_been_wiki_fiddling/

The allegation against Shapps began to look suspect almost immediately. How did Symonds [Lib Dem activist] know Contribsx had been associated with the “Hackneymarsh” account when it hadn’t been active for five years and there was no record of the Hackneymarsh account's IP address ever having been checked in 2012? Wikipedia doesn’t retain IP addresses for more than three months.

Symonds then changed his story. He said had more proof that Contribsx was Shapps or someone close to Shapps because of “behavioural” evidence. He wouldn’t say what this was. Trust me, I'm a Wikipedian.

Channel 4 had described Symonds as an “independent administrator” conducting an investigation. Neither was true.

• 2 months later...