Driving and parking in london advice needed

Am driving to london on sunday to olympia west kensington and am looking for advice with regards to the best place to park in outer london and getting the tube in. My research, best i can see is straight down m1 and park up round corner from lords cricket ground then get the tube. Can anyone recomend anywhere nearer etc outside of congestion

Charge zone. Any sensible help and advice please

Am driving to london on sunday to olympia west kensington and am looking for advice with regards to the best place to park in outer london and getting the tube in. My research, best i can see is straight down m1 and park up round corner from lords cricket ground then get the tube. Can anyone recomend anywhere nearer etc outside of congestion

Don't park in London. Seriously. You are wanting a station on the District line, so park at Upminster tube station (free - or it used to be not been in the last couple of years) and get the Tube in. Get out to the A1, down to the M11 and then round it may seem a bit odd but it's a better road than the M1 and avoids all the congestion issues on that road.

It's 50 minutes from Upmister to the centre of London, which is quicker than driving, you don't have to change and you get on at the terminus so you are guaranteed a decent seat on the train. It's also going to cost you a lot less than parking in London will.

I make this trip often. Here is what I tend to do.

Drive from Sheffield to Luton Parkway on the M1. Park in their multi-storey car park which is £3.50 all day after 10:30am or £7 before. I buy an all day travel card train ticket (train station is 30 seconds walk from car park) £20 and then train it into St Pancras-Kings Cross. There I can get a tube anywhere. Completely takes the stress out of London!

There is another way too, Grantham which is accessed off the A1. Similar set up!

Best of Luck. Any questions, I am happy to help.

Paul.

Is there any particular reason you need to take the car?

Sunday is a bit of a pain to be honest, but I think it would be easier to get the train to be honest, depending on the cost and timings. Train into St Panc then take the Piccadilly to Earls Court and you're just round the corner. No stress.

If you really need to take the car you could come off the M1 at Junction 4 and drive to Canons Park tube on the Jubilee. Will take you about 40 mins to get to Westminster then change on to the District for West Ken.

Your original idea of parking near Lords might not be too bad although can take a while to get there from M1 if traffic is bad.

Any reason you are taking the car?

My advice is train and tube it to kensington. Leave the car at home if you possibly can. Cheaper, quicker, less hassle.

Totally agree with Vegas. park at Stanmore and get the Tube. We work in Central London regularly and if it's a day job we park there, load up 2 tool boxes and get on the Tube, so much easier than trying to drive into and park in Central London.

Totally agree with Vegas. park at Stanmore and get the Tube. We work in Central London regularly and if it's a day job we park there, load up 2 tool boxes and get on the Tube, so much easier than trying to drive into and park in Central London.

Yep. Id agree with this...if you want to drive down.