Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

I thought that massive generalisation was acceptable on the forum, after all look at all the EVERY motorist speeds because I have seen one do it claims that abound

Can you point to any examples of anyone here claiming that "EVERY motorist speeds because I have seen one do it"?

OK so police have offered me the chance to treat my incident as an assault.

Best say no more while I decide what to do.

Either way they want copies of the evidence so if nothing else it will at least be logged.

So if something like this does happen to you while your out cycling its well worth persevering with 101

Make sure you don't give them the only copy. Just in case they lose it.

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 11:13 ----------

What if they then took our camera so you had no proof. Would you be happy then? I think not.

I did say "attempting". Perhaps you missed that. The video will ensure that my argument of self defence holds up.

I wouldn't be happy, but I would be happy to report a robbery to the police if this person decided to forcefully take my camera from me.

Youd better hope you have witnesses around then if this bloke does manage to wrestle you in the cobbles and takes your proof.

Youd better hope you have witnesses around then if this bloke does manage to wrestle you in the cobbles and takes your proof.

Yeah, because robberies are only ever investigated if you have a witness :roll:

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 14:36 ----------

Where did i say that then.

Where's this proof then?

Put up or shut up.

Tbh, I think the OP's original question is one of those great mysteries which will never be fully answered satisfactorily. It's a much more difficult question than say, why people would find it annoying if someone perpetually pestered them about the chances of securing a conviction for the hypothetical theft of a camera as a result of a throwaway comment they made?

Tbh, I think the OP's original question is one of those great mysteries which will never be fully answered satisfactorily. It's a much more difficult question than say, why people would find it annoying if someone perpetually pestered them about the chances of securing a conviction for the hypothetical theft of a camera as a result of a throwaway comment they made?

Actually I don't reckon there is that much real animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield. Just a bunch of sad t@#ts mouthing off on the internet.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Actually I don't reckon there is that much real animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield. Just a bunch of sad t@#ts mouthing off on the internet.

:hihi:

Well, as long as it keeps them off the streets! ;)

Yep, totally agree. I have no problem with cyclist USING THE ROAD. I indicate as I get close to warn other road users behind me that there is a hazard that I will be overtaking and I give as much room as I can when I overtake.