Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

I used to cycle, on the road, to the side of the kerb. The reason I stopped, cars deliberately aiming at me...

They probably weren't, but riding in the gutter you were leaving a door of opportunity for any chance to barge through, giving you the perception that they were aiming at you

Normally i would agree but not how these were riding. They were asking to be hit.

Do you know how ridiculous this comment is? What sort of mind set does somebody have to have to even consider making such a statement?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

"It's MY road - get off it!"

... or that's how it come across.

It's crazy isn't it.

They'll moan about being held up for 20 seconds by a cyclist, but happily accept the hours that they're held up every week during rush hour by other motorists.

Yesterday going up towards worrall on tight bendy roads, about 16 cyclists, bunched together taking up half the road so cars had no choice but to go round them onto the opposite side of the road and virtually take up the entire other side on tight bends. Total bloody idiots!! Why couldnt they ride single file or 2 next to eachother, not as they did!!! instead of like that! CONSTANTLY car drives are told to becareful of cyclists when all too often its the cyclists riding like morons that cause their own accidents! I told them exactly what I though of them! Maybe it would have taken an accident for them to ride properly! Fed up of car drivers getting the blame all the time when a lot of riders make heighten their own risks!!!!!!

You moron.

You admit to choosing to overtake on tight bends .

Just wait till its safe.

You will not get there much quicker.

I'm a motorist and a cyclist just to be clear. I've noticed that it's mainly the cyclists who don't wear helmets or hi-viz or even bother with lights at dusk, that are the ones that behave like complete nobs. Yes students, I'm looking at you... :hihi: The ones who take it seriously and go properly equipped are most often - but not always - more likely to behave in a responsible manner in my opinion.

I'm a motorist and a cyclist just to be clear. I've noticed that it's mainly the cyclists who don't wear helmets or hi-viz or even bother with lights at dusk, that are the ones that behave like complete nobs. Yes students, I'm looking at you... :hihi: The ones who take it seriously and go properly equipped are most often - but not always - more likely to behave in a responsible manner in my opinion.

Careful - helmets are frowned on here, as anything that costs money is a barrier to new cyclists.

---------- Post added 28-04-2015 at 00:17 ----------

It doesn't seem true that motorists worry about the highway code though does it, using this thread as evidence.

Also, most drivers pick and chose what rules they follow when they driving, and justify it on the grounds that it's safe to do so. For example, how many drivers keep to 70MPH on the motorways?

Don't know, how many? Also a huge generalisation there, 'most drivers pick and choose...'

Edited by sheff71

Careful - helmets are frowned on here, as anything that costs money is a barrier to new cyclists.

Fine, if their brain is that small or their skull that thick that they don't feel the need to wear one... :loopy: