Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

As a cyclist for pleasure and supporter of cycling amongst other sports could I urge all other cyclists to stop posting on any cycling/anti cycling threads.

They simply don't understand. They have an irrational dislike of cycling and we are just encouraging their stupidity by trying to reason with them. We can't, no amount of reasoned argument can get through to these pathetic narrow minded fools.

Stop wasting your time with them, get out and ride instead. They will soon go away when no one retaliates to their ill thought out, misguided opinions.

Just ignore them, you never know they might find a subject worthy of shouting about.

You're trying to get cyclists to be quiet?! :loopy: good luck with that one!

I once tweeted something about cyclists that was immediately re-tweeted with the SY Police cc'd in - the arrogance and anger and defensiveness from cyclists beggars belief!

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 14:30 ----------

Before i'm berated by any of the two wheeled warriors.......

I merely made points previously made, however my tweet states no such thing and certainly nothing that warrants cc'ing in the police? Do you wonder why there is animosity towards people when so many of them take the same attitude?

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 15:38 ----------

I simply cant think another group of road users - who search twitter for posts about their mode of transport and then CC in the police to simply make a point? Its this kind of attitude that heightens the animosity shown towards them.

I merely made points previously made, however my tweet states no such thing and certainly nothing that warrants cc'ing in the police? Do you wonder why there is animosity towards people when so many of them take the same attitude?

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 15:38 ----------

I simply cant think another group of road users - who search twitter for posts about their mode of transport and then CC in the police to simply make a point? Its this kind of attitude that heightens the animosity shown towards them.

I suspect that attitude is reactionary - when a group of road users can spout such vitriol towards another, up to and including condoning attempted murder, being over defensive is the result.

Just a suggestion as to why it happens. I don't agree with it personally.

Can't believe this thread's still running...actually I can, based on previous evidence.

WGAF what car drivers think about us cyclists, in the main they haven't got a clue what a pleasure it is to ride a bike, be that commuting, training, racing, touring or just pootling about. My life would be diminished without it.

Group of road users? It only seems that it was one twitter user. Or did they also set-up a petition on change.org demanding the police take action?

Group of road users? It only seems that it was one twitter user. Or did they also set-up a petition on change.org demanding the police take action?

More pedantry and sarcasm from cyclist - further proving my point.

Yeah if I'd of tweeted about discussing horse riders - I doubt very much the police would of been notified!

and also you all immediately assume i'm not a cyclist?!

I might drive to work tomorrow to see if it makes me a better person who's less sarcastic......

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 17:21 ----------

Yeah if I'd of tweeted about discussing horse riders - I doubt very much the police would of been notified!

Are you getting trolling and discussing confused? Plus your grammar is faulty; it's 'would have been notified, not would of. There, now I'm being pedantic for you too....

Edited by hicksy3
Making it even better and more amusing