Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

Lol, thanks......amended

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 14:21 ----------

How nice......

Never said it was nice ..but its just the way things are.

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 14:40 ----------

I suppose in some peoples eyes, if he holds traffic up he deserves to be run over. :rolleyes:

I think if people were honest you'd find that really is the case. Personally I just have no time for idiots. By which I do not mean the mentally challenged.

Never said it was nice ..but its just the way things are.

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 14:40 ----------

I think if people were honest you'd find that really is the case. Personally I just have no time for idiots. By which I do not mean the mentally challenged.

Come on, you need to try better than that. You're just too obvious.

On an animosity thing.

There is a selfish fu kwit I have seen regularly travelling up Baslow road on one of those laid down trikes, which makes him even harder to spot. This guy regularly has a tailback of vehicles behind him where the road narrows. He seems to either not care or be in blissful ignorance.

I can see when the weather gets back to normally one foggy evening someone in a truck running over him 'accidently' and never even noticing.

I wish him no harm but when he inevitably does have an accident I won't lose any sleep about it and I assure you I will not witness anything when he does whether I see it or not, he is a danger to himself and others...an idiot and sheffield is not short of them.

How is that different to a tractor being driven down the road?

Except that no one will try to kill them for holding up the traffic by a minute or two?

Except that no one will try to kill them for holding up the traffic by a minute or two?

It isn't. I asked earlier about whether motorists on this thread felt it was acceptable for motorists to not distinguish between cyclists who use the road safely and legally, and those who don't, and for them to express their displeasure through illegal and dangerous driving. It would seem we've had Tommo's answer.

Because i often see tractors pulling in and letting the road clear when they are an inconvenience to other road users, as do I. Never seen any other cyclists do it. Just saying

Edited by EODM83

Because i often see many tractors pulling in and letting the road clear when they are an inconvenience to other road users, as do I. Never seen any other cyclists do it. Just saying

Strange, I hardly ever see tractors pulling in.

What's gives?

Because i often see many tractors pulling in and letting the road clear when they are an inconvenience to other road users, as do I. Never seen any other cyclists do it. Just saying

Often see many tractors? You mean like this?

I've often seen cyclists pull over. I would do so myself. But in reality they have no legal requirement to, and they definitely shouldn't have their lives threatened for not doing so.

Tommo mentioned the road narrowing, so I suspect the best thing he could do was to cycle in the safest position he could and get through as quickly as possible - which seems to be what Tommo described.

I've often seen cyclists pull over. I would do so myself. But in reality they have no legal requirement to, and they definitely shouldn't have their lives threatened for not doing so.

Are you for real? Lives threatened for not doing so? Do calm down dear, responses like this pretty well answer the original post!

There's no legal obligation for tractors to pull in, they do it out of common courtesy and mutual respect of other road users.

Are you for real? Lives threatened for not doing so? Do calm down dear, responses like this pretty well answer the original post!

We've just had a poster say he would turn a blind eye to somebody running over a cyclist for not pulling over when they were using the road in a perfectly legal and safe manner. Yes, I am for real.