Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

Yeah, but that's because the impatient and violent person has seen someone who just happens to use the same vehicle as you sometimes do, cycling illegally. And in those circumstances it's completely fine for them to take you out, surely?
Well haters gonna hate.

As I've said before, there is zero difference between the anti-cycling mob's language and behaviour from that of the racists or similar who are rightly banned from posting their hate filled nonsense on SF.

If you were to replace the word cyclist with *****, muslim or jew there would be quite a few people visiting court I reckon from some things I've seen posted on SF.

Edit - What the..?? Why is one of my words obscured? It's the perfectly legitimate and non-offensive way of described the race of a black person, just like caucasian is used for white folk and it gets censored. That is absurd. It's not like I used the altered variation often used as a term of abuse.

Edited by jezzyjj

Well haters gonna hate.

As I've said before, there is zero difference between the anti-cycling mob's language and behaviour from that of the racists or similar who are rightly banned from posting their hate filled nonsense on SF.

If you were to replace the word cyclist with *****, muslim or jew there would be quite a few people visiting court I reckon from some things I've seen posted on SF.

Edit - What the..?? Why is one of my words obscured? It's the perfectly legitimate and non-offensive way of described the race of a black person, just like caucasian is used for white folk and it gets censored. That is absurd. It's not like I used the altered variation often used as a term of abuse.

Well said. Shame on you Sheffield. There is a disproportionate of motorists in this town whom should immediately have their driving license revoked.

Given the choice of footpath or cycle path, pedestrians will tend to use the cycle path, which makes a mockery of all the holier than thou nonsense about bikes on pavements, shared or otherwise.

Having said that, many cycle and foot paths close to each other are designed with zero thought about how they will be used and are thus laid out in a way to maximise conflict. :rolleyes:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.39231,-1.485526,3a,75y,355.19h,76.46t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sYBYeN7hxvKmLvYl5bvqgmQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

Pedestrians walking along this one are just idiots.

They do have to cross it sometimes to take side paths, but there's no good reason to be walking along it, with the pedestrian section just a step away.

On an animosity thing.

There is a selfish fu kwit I have seen regularly travelling up Baslow road on one of those laid down trikes, which makes him even harder to spot. This guy regularly has a tailback of vehicles behind him where the road narrows. He seems to either not care or be in blissful ignorance.

I can see when the weather gets back to normally one foggy evening someone in a truck running over him 'accidently' and never even noticing.

I wish him no harm but when he inevitably does have an accident I won't lose any sleep about it and I assure you I will not witness anything when he does whether I see it or not, he is a danger to himself and others...an idiot and sheffield is not short of them.

Selfish for what? For using a road he's completely entitled to use?

What a nice person you are. I just hope no one you love has the misfortune of being killed in a road traffic accident by an impatient driver. I am sure you will turn a blind eye to that aslo, yes?

Given the choice of footpath or cycle path, pedestrians will tend to use the cycle path, .

/QUOTE]

Now you know full well that THAT isnt true. SOME pedestrians, for whatever reason may choose to walk in the cycle path but I doubt that they will tend to choose that over the footpath, after all why would they? Is the cycle path cleaner, clearer, better lit?

Now you know full well that THAT isnt true. SOME pedestrians, for whatever reason may choose to walk in the cycle path but I doubt that they will tend to choose that over the footpath, after all why would they? Is the cycle path cleaner, clearer, better lit?

Hmmm... :huh:

Is it because they think that a cycle path is the safest place to be to prevent being knocked down by a cyclist? ;)

Given the choice of footpath or cycle path, pedestrians will tend to use the cycle path, .

/QUOTE]

Erm, maybe the cycle path shortens their journey, perhaps?

No, it isn't any of those things, so you can explain in a few minutes the several people in my video who are walking in the cycle path instead of on the footpath.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 08:31 ----------

Erm, maybe the cycle path shortens their journey, perhaps?

Not in the video I'll be putting up. They're walking there because they're too stupid to be allowed outdoors on their own.

No, it isn't any of those things, so you can explain in a few minutes the several people in my video who are walking in the cycle path instead of on the footpath.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 08:31 ----------

Not in the video I'll be putting up. They're walking there because they're too stupid to be allowed outdoors on their own.

Must admit, this one of many reasons that put me off from cycling on cycle paths. The amount of people oblivious to it made it so hazardous to cycle, especially on certain stretches, along Penistone Road and Infirmary Road to mention a few.

Must admit, this one of many reasons that put me off from cycling on cycle paths. The amount of people oblivious to it made it so hazardous to cycle, especially on certain stretches, along Penistone Road and Infirmary Road to mention a few.

It's pretty much a daily occurrence, particularly around the blind, tight corner down by Tesco.