Why is telling girls to be careful rape apologistic

A lack of consent is being forced to have sex.

Nobody eats chocolate cake without consenting to it. Eating cake once doesn't make you obese of course, and even blind drunk, if you get the cake and eat it, you can't claim that you didn't want to eat it.

Do you not get bored of trying to split hairs in ridiculous ways in order to entirely miss the point?

If someone can have sex in a semi conscious state whilst lacking the ability to consent, they must be able to eat cake whilst in the same semi conscious state, therefor they are only eating the cake because it is there and not because they want to eat it, and will no doubt regret eating when they are have sobered up, and people do buy cakes even though they have no intentions of eating them.

In an ideal world we should all be able to dress how we want and wonder around on our own without coming into harm. But the world is not ideal. My employer warns me of the dangers of lone visiting and advises me of what precautions to take under their health and safety guidelines.

We all have a responsibility for our own safety, so why should it be any different outside of work?

Police and parents are only trying to advise these women not to make themselves a vulnerable target to such criminals.

We've all seen the reality cop shows where they find some 18 yo woman, dressed in next to nothing slumped out in the street with no friends insight. Not many men get raped, but lads have done the same and still could be open to a mugging or an assault.

I agree with most of your post, but the bit about "dressed in next to nothing" is a red herring. What you wear may make you more vulnerable to adverse weather conditions, but I don't see what it's got to do with your ability to look after yourself or make sensible decisions?

Wearing a short skirt is not an invitation to rape.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 13:18 ----------

Explain why you think one is a conscious choice and one isn't.

It's nothing to do with that. If you can't see the difference between another person having sex with you, and you eating a chocolate cake then I can't help you. You can't not consent to something that only involves you and your own actions. So unless you consider cakes to be alive and actively making you eat them, your decision to eat, whether drunk or not, is by definition, your decision alone.

Edited by Cyclone

Wearing a short skirt is not an invitation to rape.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 13:18 ----------

It's nothing to do with that. If you can't see the difference between another person having sex with you, and you eating a chocolate cake then I can't help you. You can't not consent to something that only involves you and your own actions. So unless you consider cakes to be alive and actively making you eat them, your decision to eat, whether drunk or not, is by definition, your decision alone.

Two people, both drunk and both incapable of making an informed or sensible decision, one chooses to eat cake whilst in a semi conscious state and one decides to have sex whilst in a semi conscious state, why is it their choice to eat the cake but not their choice to have sex?

Two people, both drunk and both incapable of making an informed or sensible decision, one chooses to eat cake whilst in a semi conscious state and one decides to have sex whilst in a semi conscious state, why is it their choice to eat the cake but not their choice to have sex?

Did the cake jump out of the cupboard and stuff itself in to the girl's mouth?

Did the cake jump out of the cupboard and stuff itself in to the girl's mouth?

No, someone made the choice eat the cake or have sex despite not having the capacity to make a sensible choice due to the alcohol they had consumed.

So why is it that the person that eats the cake and gets fat is told it was their fault for eating the cake, yet the other is absolved of all responsibility, both chose to get drunk and both chose to do something they later regretted.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 15:24 ----------

I've seen some threads go off topic but how this has gone from rape to cake!!

Amazing guys :)

Cyclone brought cake into the topic.

So why is it that the person that eats the cake and gets fat is told it was their fault for eating the cake, yet the other is absolved of all responsibility, both chose to get drunk and both chose to do something they later regretted.

You're just demonstrating that you don't understand consent. Regretting having drunken sex does not mean that rape occurred. You are repeating a harmful myth and trying to use it to make regretting any other drunken choice the equivalent of rape. It's pretty sick to be honest.