Why is telling girls to be careful rape apologistic

So what? That's absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. As usual, you're way off topic, because your comments on the topic lack any logic, morals or sense.

That's precisely what is being discussed and as usual because you can't counter the argument you resort to verbal abuse.

Poster advising people not to get drunk because they might do something they wouldn't otherwise do.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 07:13 ----------

Lots of women do think that this kind of 'advice' is blaming the victim.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-01/albury-mayor-sorry-for-victim-blaming-rape-comments/6436510

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/theperch/index.php/heraldsun/comments/rapists_not_victims_responsible_for_rape/

A number of posters here, including a few intelligent ones, would apparently agree with the Mayor though.

Perhaps I'm lacking in the eloquence required to explain why they have an outdated and offensive opinion. There's plenty of people have said it better than me on the internet, so go out and educate yourselves, or stick your head in the sand, not my problem.

And lots of us don't, lot's of us take full responsibility for our actions and our own safety, including waking up next to someone we wouldn't have had sex with whilst sober.

That's precisely what is being discussed and as usual because you can't counter the argument you resort to verbal abuse.

Poster advising people not to get drunk because they might do something they wouldn't otherwise do.

Are you kidding me? You HONESTLY think that's what the poster is getting at? It saying that if you are drinking you are more likely to be attacked by a man and raped, not that you are more likely to regret sleeping with someone.

You are unbelievable either in your honestly held views or your trolling and I genuinely can't work out which it is.

I've only being half following this thread (it's seemingly never ending), so may have missed some context, but...

A number of posters here, including a few intelligent ones, would apparently agree with the Mayor though.

Who would?

What that Mayor said, is in a whole other ball-park to the poster that was being discussed previously. It's misleading (or misrepresenting) to suggest, that someone who doesn't (in my view, wrongly) interpret that poster as victim-blaming; would endorse what the Mayor suggested (which is clearly wrong).

He gave advice to local women that was very similar to that given on the poster campaigns that started this thread.

Don't go out alone, stay together in groups, otherwise you put yourself at risk of attack.

loraward (smithy) seems to think that taking responsibility for yourself includes taking the blame for the behaviour of other people. Which is exactly what advice about how to avoid rape implies and suggests.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 10:22 ----------

That's precisely what is being discussed

No, it's absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. You make no sense, as usual, and are trying to go off at a tangent because you've lost on the key point.

Fears about false accusations of rape (which are by all accounts very rare) are often brought up by men trying to defend the low conviction rates for rape, but even that is nothing to do with the victim blaming inherent in telling women to change their behaviour, to take responsibility for avoiding the criminal behaviour of others.

I'm amused that you say 'us' as if you are female though.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 10:24 ----------

Kevin Mack sparked outrage when he said that when women walk alone, "that in itself is an invitation for someone to take advantage of you".

A poster that says

Ladies, don't leave your friends on a night out, you might get raped

Is expressing exactly the same sentiment as Kevin Mack.

Edited by Cyclone

Are you kidding me? You HONESTLY think that's what the poster is getting at? It saying that if you are drinking you are more likely to be attacked by a man and raped, not that you are more likely to regret sleeping with someone.

You are unbelievable either in your honestly held views or your trolling and I genuinely can't work out which it is.

When you say rape.

Do you mean dragged into the park and forced to have sex.

Or do you mean going home with someone, getting into bed with them, having sex with them and waking up in the morning with no memory of the event.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 13:09 ----------

No, it's absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. You make no sense, as usual, and are trying to go off at a tangent because you've lost on the key point.

You just can't counter the argument because it doesn't fall within your black and white world, and because you can't counter the argument you dismiss it as not relevant.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 13:17 ----------

loraward (smithy) seems to think that taking responsibility for yourself includes taking the blame for the behaviour of other people. Which is exactly what advice about how to avoid rape implies and suggests.

No I think drunks should just take responsibility for their own behaviour, be it nicking a car or climbing into bed with someone, obviously they can't be held responsible if someone drags them into a park and sexually assaults them. Advising people on how to stay safe doesn't suggest they are to blame for anything someone else forces onto them.

No I think drunks should just take responsibility for their own behaviour, be it nicking a car or climbing into bed with someone, obviously they can't be held responsible if someone drags them into a park and sexually assaults them. Advising people on how to stay safe doesn't suggest they are to blame for anything someone else forces onto them.

The State holds you responsible for nicking a car, It doesn't hold you responsible for getting into bed unless you are in that bed illegally.

Advising people on how to stay safe doesn't suggest they are to blame for anything someone else forces onto them.

Yes it does when you equate car crime and getting into bed in the same sentence.

The State holds you responsible for nicking a car, It doesn't hold you responsible for getting into bed unless you are in that bed illegally.

Yes it does when you equate car crime and getting into bed in the same sentence.

Both are a choice, nicking a car whilst drunk and getting into bed whilst drunk are things that some people choose do whilst drunk and they should be take full responsible for making those choices.

The level of drink required to be unable to consent means that no-one in that state would be capable of getting into a car.

You are now trying to say that drunken rape isn't rape though, right? Or are you still banging on about the very unlikely scenario of consented, then later claimed it was rape, entirely irrelevant to the discussion though that is.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 16:40 ----------

No I think drunks should just take responsibility for their own behaviour, be it nicking a car or climbing into bed with someone,

Are you claiming that drunk women can't be raped?

Or are you now claiming that all claims of rape whilst drunk are actually just remorse for a poor decision? Either way you're now trying to justify rape by making out that it was the victims choice or fault.

Advising people on how to stay safe doesn't suggest they are to blame for anything someone else forces onto them.

Yes it does. Because it makes them responsible for following that advice and if they don't then they can be blamed for not doing so.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 16:41 ----------

You just can't counter the argument because it doesn't fall within your black and white world, and because you can't counter the argument you dismiss it as not relevant.

What argument? You describe an unrelated scenario on a tangent to the issue, and claim that it's somehow an 'argument'. It's just pointless blathering from you.