Why is telling girls to be careful rape apologistic

Guest makapaka
I've directly experienced it. I think you are the naïve one to be honest. But you carry on there doubting ALL THE MILLIONS of women who are telling you different and why it bothers them, because clearly as a man you must know better than us. My apologies sir.

I'm not doubting anything - you have assumed my position on it.

I don't believe that a group of drunk men would pay less attention to a girl in a bikini top than a girl in a hoody if both walked past them at the same time.

I'm not suggesting people aren't hassled regardless of what they are wearing.

I'm not doubting anything - you have assumed my position on it.

I don't believe that a group of drunk men would pay less attention to a girl in a bikini top than a girl in a hoody if both walked past them at the same time.

I'm not suggesting people aren't hassled regardless of what they are wearing.

Lets say what you say is true, so what? Would you advise a woman not to go out wearing a bikini because someone might make comments to her?

Guest makapaka
Lets say what you say is true, so what? Would you advise a woman not to go out wearing a bikini because someone might make comments to her?

Yes. I think that would be good advice.

Just curious, how would you feel if she was in Saudi Arabia? Would she be equally within her rights (morally, not legally) to go out wearing a bikini?