Can anyone recommend a decent kettle!

I'm getting rather annoyed and fed up of buying kettles that rarely have a lifespan beyond 18 months. It's not just cheapo kettles either cos the dearer ones don't seem to last any longer than a cheap one. They all seem to use the same plastic switch/thermostat mechanism, which eventually fails and this is the main reason most of them end up in the bin. Is it a clever marketing ploy to keep us buying the blessed things. Or is it me? If anyone can recommend one with a good lifespan made from quality parts I'd be most interested. Ta

Our next to last kettle was a Phillips and admittedly did go for about 3 years, (although I still don't think that's good enough ) again due to crappy plastic construction of the switch , the same type fitted to cheap and expensive kettles.

We have this one, it is superb. Quick to boil, cool to the touch, keeps the water hot for ages, and a long guarantee.

Got it from an instore promotion at Coles with a big discount.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magimix-Brushed-Stainless-Kettle-Charcoal/dp/B004TRGXA6/ref=sr_1_4/275-7942250-7258420?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1429802074&sr=1-4&keywords=magimix+kettles

I'm getting rather annoyed and fed up of buying kettles that rarely have a lifespan beyond 18 months. It's not just cheapo kettles either cos the dearer ones don't seem to last any longer than a cheap one. They all seem to use the same plastic switch/thermostat mechanism, which eventually fails and this is the main reason most of them end up in the bin. Is it a clever marketing ploy to keep us buying the blessed things. Or is it me? If anyone can recommend one with a good lifespan made from quality parts I'd be most interested. Ta

Miele - always Miele.

Miele - always Miele.

If only ! I don't think Miele make kettles. I've never seen any in the shops and just looked online but can't see anything. Unless you know different. We've got a Miele Vac and it's fantastic. Had it about 12 years and still is as good as it was on day 1. Would deffo buy a Miele kettle though if such a thing exists.

If only ! I don't think Miele make kettles. I've never seen any in the shops and just looked online but can't see anything. Unless you know different. We've got a Miele Vac and it's fantastic. Had it about 12 years and still is as good as it was on day 1. Would deffo buy a Miele kettle though if such a thing exists.

Don't they do kettles!!

and no I don't know any better unfortunately, I just know that my fridge and washing machine have never let me down and I've had them both 10yrs +

They are made withstand nuclear weapons!! :hihi:

I just assumed they would do kettles as they do pretty much everything else.