Owls v Leeds 12.30 ko

Gazza58

Couldn't help it Mel mate, was driving back with a car full of drums and amps, Radio Sheffield on, the poor Radio Sheff bloke (Andy Giddings I assume) sounded bored out of his skull, he almost called it "hoof ball", said Wednesday were clueless in the second half, never looked like scoring, the ex player who was with him had no good things to say, loads of booing at the end, and he almost laughed when he said "I wonder if the team are still going to do a lap of honour?", then to cap it all, the heavens opened and it bounced down.

A nice way to end the season at the DoS.:hihi:

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 14:45 ----------

Was talking to one of my SWFC mates at a gig last night who said the same, he thinks you only need about four players to come in, in important roles, and one is McGugan (not sure if that is the correct spelling), if you can sign him, but Gray is not the man, and he wonders if Roeder will slide across to be "Manager" with Gray as "Head Coach"?

Thinking about it, why was Gray never given the title, "Manager", anyone know? (genuine question).

Easy Grapps they give that role to Dave moans & look what happend when he was incharge..:loopy:

Easy Grapps they give that role to Dave moans & look what happend when he was incharge..:loopy:

It was a genuine question mate, I know that Gray is the manager in all but name, just wondered why he was never offically called the manager?

Well that was possibly the worst performance this season , strange team selection and even stranger formation, one up front at home and Keane, bus, nuhiu sat on bench , at least we know that team will not be starting next season.Cracking atmosphere today and the one minute silence was quite rightly impeccable.

Well that was possibly the worst performance this season , strange team selection and even stranger formation, one up front at home and Keane, bus, nuhiu sat on bench , at least we know that team will not be starting next season.Cracking atmosphere today and the one minute silence was quite rightly impeccable.

I wondered why he played 1 up front and had 4 strikers on the bench,it worked at Rotherham and Bournemouth but he can't just throw caution to the wind and it work every time,Good crowd though.

Edited by ukdobby

Unfortunately I can't answere that ..

Just seems the modern way of doing things nowadays.

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 15:16 ----------

I wondered why he played 1 up front and had 4 strikers on the bench,it worked at Rotherham and Bournemouth but he can't just throw caution to the wind and it work every time,Good crowd though.

I don't like giving leeds any praise whatsoever,but they played a big part in the atmosphere today,they brought a similar amount as middlesborough but way more vocal than them,wednesday fans were possibly as loud as they have been all season,and considering the shocking performance they deserve some credit.

Annoying end of the season, not sure why we stopped playing, not sure why we seemed unable to defend, not sure why we had only Lavery up front... but meh, end of the season, can't wait to see where it goes this off-season!

Deary me! What was that all about?! :o I think Uncle Stuart's instructions were, 'Go out there and just pretend you've never met each other before, and don't worry, I'll keep the donkey on the bench today'

Clear the lot out and roll on next season.

Why, why,why change a winning formation and team.

The last home match we played four across the back with three up front it worked and provided an enjoyable match.

Today not one shot on target[in fact I can only remember one shot all match and that was miles of target.

Coaches are supposed to know more than us about the game but even the thickest supporter knows not to change a winning formation or team.

Wish i'd gone to allotment ,and watched mi spuds grow it would have been more exciting, we were crap.

Edited by cuttsie