DPD Couriers hopeless.

Title may be stating the obvious!

Took a day off work to accept delivery and in the time it took me to get the ten feet from where I was sitting to the front door the guy disappeared. By the time I'd got through to their customer service adviser (20 mins) "the driver was no longer in the area". He had managed to leave a card telling me he'd tried but to deliver but no one was available to sign (obviously cobblers). DPD were supposed to call me one hour before delivery was due but that never happened. Their contact options are labyrinthine - clearly designed to keep the customer complaints at arms length from DPD. A shoddy organisation with deliberately poor customer service procedures and systems (they couldn't be that bad by accident).

Options I have: 1.Take another day off work for re-arranged delivery. 2. Take a couple of hours off work to get some id then drive 30 mile round trip to collect.

It's shifting responsibility for sorting their incompetence to the customer. If you can avoid using DPD then do so.

Edited by Walkley0 Mum

Our local DPD man is alrite, at least I think he's the DPD guy??

Get a text in the morning saying the time he'll be here, and he's bang on time.

Don't they subcontract to self employed drivers??

So some guys are good and some are crap??

I have a lot of deliveries which are delivered by DPD and generally they are very reliable, keeping to the 2 hour slot which is texted to you ahead of time and my local drivers understand that I have disabilities so may take longer to get to the door than the average. If you need to go and collect the parcel the local depot is in Ecclesfield.

As I understand it, DPD drivers are employed rather than self employed but he could be a temp. I'm also led to believe they get a bonus for delivering when they say they will. You said you should have received a phonecall - that's quite rare in courier land, was supplier promising stuff DPD couldn't do - did they even give them your number? You should have received a text though at least if you did. You should be able to redirect it though.

Of course the driver could have had a brain fart - you only need one and it spoils your view of the entire company. I've found them to right up there with the best (bar the odd foul up). The stories I could tell you about UPS!!

Walkley to Eccclesfield and back isnt a 30 mile trip is it?

1.I live in Walkley I don't work there and Cowley Way is 15 miles from work.

2.DPD promised the call and when I called them their system acknowledged the number from which I was calling as the one I gave to them, so yes they did have the correct number to contact me which they indicated they would do.

3.This isn't the first time DPD have messed up so in my experience they don't stand out as being any better than some of the other couriers mentioned though nothing like as bad as the worst.

4. My workplace don't allow personal deliveries hence the day off.

5. I have a small window of opportunity at the end of the day to pick up from the depot but DPD can't promise the parcel will be there by then so it has to another work day.

They have since been back in contact and have offered to address my complaint within the organisation and make amends which is result, and a better response than I've ever had from any courier I've had cause to complain to.

If you go to the depot, it'll take you about half an hour to get in the place- you'd think the crown jewels were stored in that building, honestly!!:loopy:

The security is a bit over the top when you're going to collect an order of something that cost a fiver, isn't it?

Then again, they don't know what is in the packages so it's better that they treat everything like the crown jewels than treating it all like it's worth nothing.