The antics of certain cyclists in Sheffield.

No the problem is with the people causing the delays, tailbacks and stress by doing something thats of no real benefit and only serves to irritate some drivers.

If - as it seems from your previous posts - you are talking about cyclists here - then you need to get some perspective, and apply a tiny bit of reason. Cyclists cause very little in the way of delays; I'd say in my experiences of driving that a safe opportunity to overtake a cyclist occurs on average within 10 seconds, but not necessarily immediately. When you factor in that many of the unsafe overtaking manoeuvres are just in order to get to the back of a queue of traffic slightly sooner, I'd say the overall effect is zero. Plus, as others have pointed out, fewer cyclists would equal more motorists, which would result in delays and tailbacks. So the effect of cyclists being on the road is almost certainly fewer delays and tailbacks.

You mention stress, I'd say that's the key point - you just need to manage yours a bit better.

Edited by mattleonard

Yeah but auto correct screwed me over and i didnt notice.

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 15:43 ----------

No the problem is with the people causing the delays, tailbacks and stress by doing something thats of no real benefit and only serves to irritate some drivers. To top it all off some of these people dont even have insurance so if they fall of their bike and hurt someone's pride and joy theres usually no comeback for the driver and bang goes his or her no claim.

We all know that excess motor traffic causes tailbacks.

Waiting until you can safely overtake a cycle won't delay a motorist in the slightest. Not waiting might kill a cyclist.

We all know this, it's not a trick, or a revelation, or twisting the truth. And, like nearly every cyclist posting here I AM A DRIVER. There is no reason to get irritated at a cycle correctly using the road. If a motorist finds that they become irritated, then they should give up driving, because they aren't suited to it.

You're "to top it all of" rant is irrelevant.

What you describe in the OP is nothing to do with inexperience though, or being a novice.

I'm sure it is and I am sure that I did.....:roll:

Quote: - "I am all for cycling. I'm not a cyclist personally but in my professional I can appreciate the benefits that cycling has when it comes to fitness and I am sure that cycling has many other benefits. I am not knocking cyclists as a whole, seasoned cyclists execute their daily commute with skill, common sense and in full compliance with the basics of the highway code. Unfortunately as with motorists you have a minority who simply shouldn't be on the road without further training".

That's the best post ever.

Possibly his best post ever.

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 17:22 ----------

I'm sure it is and I am sure that I did.....:roll:

Quote: - "I am all for cycling. I'm not a cyclist personally but in my professional I can appreciate the benefits that cycling has when it comes to fitness and I am sure that cycling has many other benefits. I am not knocking cyclists as a whole, seasoned cyclists execute their daily commute with skill, common sense and in full compliance with the basics of the highway code. Unfortunately as with motorists you have a minority who simply shouldn't be on the road without further training".

It's still nothing to do with inexperience or novice cyclists. You're just describing idiots. They come on/in all forms of vehicle.

People weaving through traffic and jumping on and off the curb are clearly not novices or inexperienced though. They're characterised by being slow, wobbly and very nervous of the cars who are overtaking dangerously close.