Radio Sheffield Praise Or Grumble.

green_man

Supporters are well entitled to voice there opinions , they will be there long after the manager and players have moved on.

Well said Gazza! The supporters are the ones who shell out as well and in respect to praise or grumble the supporters are the ones who pay the license fees and keep money going into the BBC.

The supporters are very much on the back burner these days. Whether right or wrong every single one is entitled to an opinion.

I very rarely listen to P&G but did for a while before the presenter (Rob Staton is it?) said he didn't like callers ringing in calling for the manager to be sacked etc etc. So as the opening post says, unless you agree with their opinion it doesn't gain favour with the presenter. State run radio!

Also, something that has always annoyed me on P&G.

Someone will ring in saying this player played well, that player had a nightmare, then they'll ask them if they've been to the game...comes back the answer "No, i listened to it on't radio!" Well, sorry, but unless you've actually SEEN the game, you can't really have a valid view of what happened. Afterall, you wouldn't critique a restaurant if you hadn't eaten there!

This isn't about either of the games today really but more about one of the callers who in all fairness made a very valid point about the show. I don't know if any of you heard the call but it was a Blade who phoned in and basically told the presenters what he thought of them and the show. He pointed out that callers were only allowed to share opinions that matched those of the presenters, anyone who has an opinion that differs to the presenters gets shot down or cut of early.

Radio Sheffield obviously copying the model of this section of the forum.

The short term mentality of football fans today is one of the reasons why the game is in decline so I think the presenters are in the right to put down the comments of idiots who want the manager sacking after every defeat.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't have won one trophy with Manchester United had he been appointed in today's climate!!!

sorry but your missing the point, unless you are on the pitch playing the game, no opinions count! leave them paid to chase the ball to chase it,, unless the people with opinions can actually get on the pitch and play :loopy:

toby fosters is a local hero

I think you'll find the fans opinions do count without them there is no footy

This isn't about either of the games today really but more about one of the callers who in all fairness made a very valid point about the show. I don't know if any of you heard the call but it was a Blade who phoned in and basically told the presenters what he thought of them and the show. He pointed out that callers were only allowed to share opinions that matched those of the presenters, anyone who has an opinion that differs to the presenters gets shot down or cut of early.

I don't agree with all this manager out stuff all of the time, I don't agree with the baiters on the show such as brian the tit or a couple of the Owls callers but I do agree with this caller. It shouldn't be called Praise or grumble any more, it should be called call up if you agree with our all knowing presenters who know more than any of you fans.

I herd the show , agree with the point made but on other hand the presenters have got to keep all managers happy in a way for interviews after games etc

He pointed out that callers were only allowed to share opinions that matched those of the presenters, anyone who has an opinion that differs to the presenters gets shot down or cut of early.

Did he get cut off early?

It would be a pretty boring show if no one was ever allowed to discuss differing opinions.

To be fair some people just come on a rant, would you rather the presenters just said, 'ok then? and the next caller just had the same rant, again it would a pretty boring show.

My favourite calls are the ones where the caller gets the presenters name wrong, or the caller is still listening to his radio, ha.