Can you have 2 of the same type of bank account?

Hello peeps. I have a cashcard account with natwest and i have really bad credit. I can't even get another cashcard account with another bank so i was wondering if my bank would give me another cashcard account ? Has anyone on here got 2 accounts of the same type with the same bank ?

Even with crushingly bad credit, you can open a standard bank account with a Maestro card rather than a Visa debit card and with no overdraft facility.

However, why do you need two accounts? Can't you just have an instant access savings account and transfer the money to your normal account when you think you'll need it?

You need a basic bank account.

Everybody should be able to get one but they are limited - don't automatically expect to get an overdraft or any other form of credit. The idea is they enable anybody to do the basics like receiving wages, paying bills etc...

Help here:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/how-to-choose-the-right-bank-account

Hello peeps. I have a cashcard account with natwest and i have really bad credit. I can't even get another cashcard account with another bank so i was wondering if my bank would give me another cashcard account ? Has anyone on here got 2 accounts of the same type with the same bank ?

I have 3 accounts with natwest.

Banks have to offer cashcard accounts on all accounts. Try natwest or barclays. Ask for a basic account. It has no od and cash withdrawal limits.

i have two basic accounts with barclays, one is for my wages and the other for bills that myself and my partner pay into.

I have 3 current accounts with my bank for various reasons. But then I have good credit and loads of money. Good luck convincing yours that you won't get into even more debt.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Thank you for your lovely reply. I to would have loads of money if i was as tight as you, and i didnt ask to get laid off work. As for getting into more debt, i want a basic cash card account with no overdraft ect.