Rent controls - good or bad?

depends on what you call a large number of people cant be bothered to look it up but I bet you its in the millions :roll:

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 19:48 ----------

no you got it wrong people have worked hard all there lives and now see that companies through gov interferience don't have job security. I look at people applying for private rented accommodation on zero hours contracts not having a look in, I look at companies giving people limited hours working only to be topped up by the taxpayer. remind me again how is this going to get the economy moving ?

I bet you it isn't. I can't be bothered to look it up right now.

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 20:50 ----------

Some of the things I was saying 10 years ago, once considered fringe viewpoints, dystopian madness, irrational beliefs, leading to me being called all names under the sun, written off as a loony etc.

Are now mainstream ideas, from a wide variety of people across the social spectrum. A lot of what I predicted has come true.

Now then, the revoltuion need not be violent, and it would be best if it was peaceful, but the way things are going, the likelihood of violent rebellion towards a certain class is growing, and it seems it might end up happening. It'll probably be described as a 'red scare', when it begins.

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 17:32 ----------

In your previous post, you said you were 'converting' a property, not building a new one.

I'm nothing against building properties to rent.

I wouldn't have a problem with people buying properties to let if the market wasn't so rigged in their favour, either.

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 17:35 ----------

What nonsense?

My mistake. When I'm converting a property into flats they just appear. No need to build them. They just happen. :rolleyes:

My mistake. When I'm converting a property into flats they just appear. No need to build them. They just happen. :rolleyes:

just to shut you up read here

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/25/zero-hours-contract-rise-staff-figures but then again you wont believe them

So you are either converting an existing property into flats, or you are building a new property, and then converting into flats once you have built it.

Which?

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 02:26 ----------

They can't have worked very hard if the best they can do is a zero hours contract. Come on! if you're on minimum wage you're never buying a house. So do you just give up on home ownership, of course not. You put yourself in a position to EARN more. If you only apply for low paid jobs, don't be too shocked if you find yourself working for low pay. See how that works?

Of course people on Zero Hours Contracts work hard. Some of the worst paid and most exploited workers are the hardest working.

People in minimum wage should be able to buy their own home. They used to be able to buy their own home. Before the industrial revolution people were capable of constructing their own housing, and today it is far far easier.

Everybody should be able to own their own home and even multiple holiday homes in the UK, even people on the NMW.

So you are either converting an existing property into flats, or you are building a new property, and then converting into flats once you have built it.

Which?.

Think about it. There just may be another option.

I'd tell you but you're being silly for some reason.

Forget your revolution, here's a realistic plan B. Encourage people to work hard, save a deposit then buy in an area of affordability regardless of where they currently live. Home isn't where you want to live, it's where you can afford to live. House prices will only get higher long term so those with low incomes will never be able to buy a house and will have to rent where they can afford. Sound like a workable plan to you?

Until recently long term house prices were closely correlated with long term average incomes. That link was broken in the noughties and the market is still running a little above that correlation at the moment.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 09:16 ----------

You are quite right - I have now just started to take action to convert a property and put 3 flats in it

Are you building 3 flats, or are you converting an existing building? I'm confused.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 09:17 ----------

Where tf do you get this rubbish from. I'm building three two bedroom flats that weren't there before.

It could be a conversion of use though, barn, warehouse, shop, etc...

just to shut you up read here

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/25/zero-hours-contract-rise-staff-figures but then again you wont believe them

Just to point out that independent research showed that 2/3s of those on zero hours contracts actually want to be on zero hours contracts because they are in full time education or over 65 and it allows them the flexibility they need. I'll dig out a link later but feel free to google.

Just to point out that independent research showed that 2/3s of those on zero hours contracts actually want to be on zero hours contracts because they are in full time education or over 65 and it allows them the flexibility they need. I'll dig out a link later but feel free to google.

no need to google but let me just explain something to you here. the over 65s have probably worked all their lives in a secure permanent position which allowed them to save up and buy their house/provide for a pension and when the time comes to retire can uses zhc to earn a bit of money and get out of the house. on the other hand the ones in education will do it for a bit of pin money (probably live with parents etc) now young people wanting to move out and get their own place will not have a chance in even getting on the property ladder either through renting/to buy their own place no one will lend to them :suspect:

either through renting/to buy their own place no one will lend to them :suspect:

If they can't afford it now, wait until interest rates rise to 6%-7%, so like I said previously, better earn more or make moves in that direction or accept the inevitable.