Can Sheffield Forumers predict the election?

How will you vote in the election May 7th 2015  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote in the election May 7th 2015

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • SNP (Yes I know we won't actually get a vote for these)
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Other

I'm sick to death of all this 'politics' garbage. I'm sick to death of all the junk mail from 'caring' politicians through the letterbox. I'm sick to death of spam mail. I'm sick to death of idiots knocking at my door. False promises (abject lying), bickering on daft TV shows (a cross between 'Pointless' and Jeremy Kyle), patronising/degrading photo opportunity shots of smiling, caring candidate with disabled child/person with terminal cancer. How much an MP's kitchen cost, what shoes his (heavily photographed) wife wears. I'm not a sheep and will not be 'won over' with platitudes in the degenerate way these 'politicians' expect. They're all as bad as each other ... psychopaths, or at the very least, sociopaths.

I will not vote (never have for the same reasons).

As a bit of fun, I was wondering if Sheffield Forumers could predict the outcome of the forthcoming election, via a poll on this thread.

I didn't particularly want to get into the semantics of hung parliaments, and who might get cosy with who else. Just the overall percentages in terms of votes.

Just vote as you intend to vote in the election itself. It's an anonymous poll, so nobody can see who voted for who.

How is that predicting the election?

My prediction is a coalition of Conservative/Libdem/DUP.

I'm sick to death of all this 'politics' garbage. I'm sick to death of all the junk mail from 'caring' politicians through the letterbox. I'm sick to death of spam mail. I'm sick to death of idiots knocking at my door. False promises (abject lying), bickering on daft TV shows (a cross between 'Pointless' and Jeremy Kyle), patronising/degrading photo opportunity shots of smiling, caring candidate with disabled child/person with terminal cancer. How much an MP's kitchen cost, what shoes his (heavily photographed) wife wears. I'm not a sheep and will not be 'won over' with platitudes in the degenerate way these 'politicians' expect. They're all as bad as each other ... psychopaths, or at the very least, sociopaths.

I will not vote (never have for the same reasons).

Just a wild guess.....you won't be voting then? :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 14:19 ----------

The party that wins the election and gets the most MPs may well not form the government. So what are trying to predict?

Read the OP.....I did say I didn't want to get into the realms of who gets cosy with who...Just the overall percentage votes cast for each party. Nothing too deep....There's already dozens of political type threads to argue semantics on.

Read the OP.....I did say I didn't want to get into the realms of who gets cosy with who...Just the overall percentage votes cast for each party. Nothing too deep....There's already dozens of political type threads to argue semantics on.

I think that the Tories will get a small majority over Labour, but I don't think that they'll be able to form a government. I don't think that the Tories and the Lib-Dems will get enough MPs to form a majority, I also don't think that Labour and the SNP will get enough MPs either.

So at the moment who'll be able to form a government will be anyones guess.

I doubt that the SF poll will show a real outcome of the general election although its very promising and good to see some strength in opinion on here? i still reckon on a coalition between conservatives and UKIP its probably already a done deal behind closed doors and the best outcome for the country.

I doubt that the SF poll will show a real outcome of the general election although its very promising and good to see some strength in opinion on here? i still reckon on a coalition between conservatives and UKIP its probably already a done deal behind closed doors and the best outcome for the country.

Just as a matter of interest how many seats do you think UKIP will bring to that alliance?

A coalition between UKIP and the Tories won't bring anywhere near enough MPs to form a government. If anything a UKIP-Con coalition would harm the Tories chances of forming the next government as it would cost them the Lib-Dems support.

Can Sheffield Forumers predict the election?

UKIP 17

Labour 12

Lib dems 7

Conservative 5

So in a word...NO :hihi:

And the truth is nobody can accurately predict this one. I'm sure we'll have a chaotic few days/weeks/months after the election while they all sort themselves out and decide if any of them can live together to provide a stable government for 5 years.

I don't think they can, so another election is likely before 2020. I'm also unsure who will be PM this time next year. It's not certain to be Miliband or Cameron. A compromise candidate may appear.

I have not voted in this poll, mine's still a spoiled paper!